• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,929 posts in this topic

lol

That's definitely true!

I always avoided Peds because of the expense but maybe because of all the new ones that have come out, they go pretty cheap most of the time now. A lot of times, they go cheaper than a regular copy. Unless its an Avengers book I need, I pretty much buy only Pedigrees now (thumbs u

I'm definitely addicted to getting Pedigrees :o

Thanks to Marco for this one, absolutely love this Steranko cover.

XMen49TC.jpg

That is an AMAZING book! (worship)

I was definitely bummed when you bought that. I'd been considering it for a long time but could never stop buying Avengers long enough to drop that much $$$ on a X-men. Easily the nicest, brightest 49 I've ever seen!

Congrats man!!! :applause:

I got this in yesterday from Bob Storms(blazing bob). I put in my max bid for the horribly miswrapped Suscha 95 in the CC auction before I saw this one on bobs site. I was sooooooo happy I got outbid on the Suscha so I could get this one for the same price. STUNNING in hand! :cloud9:

av95winn.jpg

I think it will come back 7.0 (shrug) it has a small crease on the lower right hand corner with no color break. Everything else looks real nice !

Huh?!?

Unless someone wiped their on the back cover, that looks WAAAY better than a 7.0! (worship)

I think it will come back 7.0 (shrug) it has a small crease on the lower right hand corner with no color break. Everything else looks real nice !

Huh?!?

Unless someone wiped their on the back cover, that looks WAAAY better than a 7.0! (worship)

+1

If the BC is as nice as the FC and it did grade that low it would have to be due to some interior defects that are not visible in the scan. Very nice looking book.

However, there is nothing wrong with being super strict and under grading on nice key books! Especially, if you are selling too me. :devil:

Seriously though, I tend to be real tough when grading and negotiating on the raw keys I buy (I usually only buy raw books in person) to send to CGC. This way I am rarely disappointed when the grades come back and, in most cases, I'm pleasantly surprised as I end up paying a price that get most people the same book, but at a few notches lower on the CGC grading scale.

Sorry guys :flamed: I'm not a CGC grader, yes the only big problem with my book is that big crease at the bottom right corner no color break. The spine has tiny creases & wear, and the back of that book is very nice ! the pages seem to be off white to white what I can tell. I was just being to hard on the book, dont want to over grade something that I dont know nothing about. Like to send it off to CGC one day hope it comes back higher then 8.0 :wishluck: