• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,939 posts in this topic

More tales from the bargain bin.

In the world of Charlton's, especially from the early 1970s, this is high grade. Great gloss, very nice and solid spine, nice pages, etc. Just has that ding from a distributors band/rope at the top, near the dist. ink, and another on the top right edge. What the heck was this doing in a $2 box. On ebay, this is an easy $30 book. Not easy in any condition (just checked the census--not a single copy any issue from this title. HB Charltons bring money on ebay, so I gotta believe that if a truly HG copy surfaced, it would likely get slabbed).

IMG_0001-25.jpg

I'm stretching the time limits with these, but thought they were worth showing off. Picked them up from the boards very own TVCOMICS at the NY show for a very sweet price. All unread. I've never had a sense for how difficult BA digests are. I have this image in my head of stockpiles of unread copies stashed away in warehouses.

IMG_0002-24.jpg

IMG_0003-24.jpgIMG_0004-20.jpg

IMG_0005-19.jpg

IMG_0006-16.jpg

If have time tomorrow, I'll post some killer early 1970's Denis the Menace's I picked up from another dealer for $2 each.

Edited by silverandbronze

More loot from the last two shows. All in the $1-2 range.

First, an Archie I've never been able to find anywhere near HG. There are a handful of Archies from 1977-1978 that have as much solid red, greens, and blues as picture frames do, and they are absolutely impossible in grade. This is one of them.

IMG_0003-25.jpg

Most of the Dennis' are a bit lower than I'd typically pick up. The price was right, and honestly, it is just so darn uncommon to find HG copies, despite the high print runs.

IMG_0009-11.jpg

IMG_0010-10.jpg

IMG_0006-17.jpg

IMG_0008-15.jpg

IMG_0007-16.jpg

IMG_0004-21.jpg

IMG_0005-20.jpg

IMG-33.jpg

IMG_0001-26.jpg

Nice score for 30 bucks...I haven't been back to the bay in awhile, I should go back and take a look. I'm probably missing out on a few books.

Well buddy if you ever want to give that Hulk #1 in your sig. line a new home you just let me know :wishluck:

Nice score for 30 bucks...I haven't been back to the bay in awhile, I should go back and take a look. I'm probably missing out on a few books.

Well buddy if you ever want to give that Hulk #1 in your sig. line a new home you just let me know :wishluck:

I'll take it into consideration...It's pretty happy at the moment but I'll let ya know... (thumbs u