• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comgeek on Ebay

238 posts in this topic

For those of you who think 2 weeks is "too long" to wait, please don't ever buy anything from me. :)

:gossip: Just under 3.

And the book arrived on the next day after it was shipped. NY to NJ isnt very far.

I think you should post your eBay user ID so that those who want to can block you out, thus saving you and others possible future headaches. :baiting:

Im going to respond to this as nice as I think I should.

You think I am so wrong because the seller could not be bothered to have any contact with me as a buyer, a simple message and I would have been more then understanding. But that is SOOO hard, to type out some BS excuse and ship the book. Your absolutely right, no one should deal with me.

As a matter of fact if you REALLY want to block me, you can PM me PERSONALLY and I will GLADLY give you my info and you can block away. And thats an open invitation, anyone else who would like the info can PM me also. As I ask SOO much for a damned confirmation that my order may have been overlooked/forgotten and the situation will be taken care of.

WTF was I thinking doh!

I think your impatience and the overall way you communicate overrides whatever point you were trying to make by starting this thread.

Impatient.. Maybe. Overall way I communicate? The first mesage I sent the guy was overly nice, which he didnt reply to. The second message was still somewhat nice, but to let him know that I was going to claim with paypal if I did not receive the book. I fail to see where you are coming from here. Maybe if you look at it as it is.

Email seller after 2 weeks-nothing

Email seller again, because he never responded- nothing

Book finally arrives- good. No communications, common courtesy of reply- Bad.

How should I communicate with a seller like this? Its a one way conversation.

I'm glad you got the book. I think from the point of view of an outside observer (and as a general observation not directed to anyone specifically), the optics of the matter reveal a situation that may or may not be complicated by health issues.

If we are going to use a broad brushstroke in terms of context, then maybe there is no place for human feeling in business, and bringing-up stuff about the seller that has absolutely nothing to do with the original post may come across as harsh, but justified.

However, if we are talking purely about perception value, even ethical lapses are pardonable, but nothing can come close to the morally inept impression trail you leave behind when you lack the capacity to demonstrate human compassion.

comicwiz says it pretty eloquently.

I'm not defending comgeek's business practices - don't pretend I am when you read the next paragraph.

My point was your impatience with the seller, as well as your impatience and communication style with those that were trying to help you understand the situation. You leave a trail of bodies as you blunder around in a post like this, and ultimately call into question your own behavior in the transaction. You appear be a very demanding customer.

However, if we are talking purely about perception value, even ethical lapses are pardonable, but nothing can come close to the morally inept impression trail you leave behind when you lack the capacity to demonstrate human compassion.

(worship)

You had me at "However"............

Well he received his comic books and all this wasted energy has been spent. Imagine when Mr. Ressurection goes into the old folks home and his lunch is four minutes late? "They said lunch would be ready at 12 noon and its now 12:04! I want the entire cooking staff fired immediately!" OMG. At the end of the day Mr. Ressurection, IT'S A FLIPPIN' COMIC BOOK! BTW, does anyone know what book he picked up from ComGeek that he needed it delivered ASAP?

Imagine when Mr. Ressurection goes into the old folks home and his lunch is four minutes late? "They said lunch would be ready at 12 noon and its now 12:04! I want the entire cooking staff fired immediately!" OMG.

Imagine when Mr. Ressurection goes into the old folks home and his lunch is four minutes late?

hm

"They said lunch would be ready at 12 noon and its now 12:04!

I want the entire cooking staff fired immediately!"

e58be3b0.jpg

Just dont understand why you are coming down on him thats all. He paid for Priority, sent emails and got zero communication back from the seller. So why be mad at Rez?? Im sure if people placed orders and got no response they would get a little aggitated too.

I have not had any dealing with comgeek, it could have just been a mistake, but at least say sorry for the delay, your book has been shipped out. Is that a whole lot to ask?? (shrug)

Just dont understand why you are coming down on him thats all. He paid for Priority, sent emails and got zero communication back from the seller. So why be mad at Rez?? Im sure if people placed orders and got no response they would get a little aggitated too.

I have not had any dealing with comgeek, it could have just been a mistake, but at least say sorry for the delay, your book has been shipped out. Is that a whole lot to ask?? (shrug)

I don't get it either. Sounds like Big Cat has something personal against Res. If I paid for priority shipping and didn't get the book for a couple weeks, got no response to emails, I'd be peeved as well. Maybe not quite as peeved as Res, but still annoyed.

@t Big Cat At what point would you start getting upset at slow shipping? Two, three months? Just curious.

And I've bought twice from Comgeek and both were good transactions.

Well he received his comic books and all this wasted energy has been spent. Imagine when Mr. Ressurection goes into the old folks home and his lunch is four minutes late? "They said lunch would be ready at 12 noon and its now 12:04! I want the entire cooking staff fired immediately!" OMG. At the end of the day Mr. Ressurection, IT'S A FLIPPIN' COMIC BOOK! BTW, does anyone know what book he picked up from ComGeek that he needed it delivered ASAP?
Welcome to the boards....you and Pat should really hook up at the next forum dinner (thumbs u I will bring the camera :)