• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comgeek on Ebay

238 posts in this topic

He's a reputable dealer. Call him.

I dealt with Lauterbach on a couple of expensive books a few years back and never had a problem.

Heres the thing I have to call him to have him ship the book? I sent him 2 messages and he didnt reply. So I have to hunt this guy down just to have an item shipped ?

Just file the claim .I'm sure once he gets it he'll be in contact.

Yea... I just wanted my book in a timely matter, I didnt read "someday" under shipping options..........

I dealt with Lauterbach on a couple of expensive books a few years back and never had a problem.

Heres the thing I have to call him to have him ship the book? I sent him 2 messages and he didnt reply. So I have to hunt this guy down just to have an item shipped ?

It just might be a mistake on his part and you might have to call him in order to get it straightened out. mess happens.

You're right, in principle, but do you want what you paid for? Get your book, then take your business elsewhere in the future.

It's been 19 days. Take a deep breath & relax. :foryou:

These guys are spoiled. Imagine how they'd react if they had to deal with customs on almost every transaction.

Then why charge for priority? Why not just saying shipping optional lol

I really get nervous buying books from the internet (yes even the boards, unless I ACTUALLY know you). But when books I won a week after yours have already arrived, I send messages and get no response I get nervous.. And heated.

Just file the claim .I'm sure once he gets it he'll be in contact.

Yea... I just wanted my book in a timely matter, I didnt read "someday" under shipping options..........

I hear you.

I'm just telling you what i'd do if I was in your situation.

These guys are spoiled. Imagine how they'd react if they had to deal with customs on almost every transaction.

Coincidentally I had recently purchased a book from Camper49. He lives in canada, and the book arrived in about 10 days.

Coincidentally I had recently purchased a book from Camper49. He lives in canada, and the book arrived in about 10 days.

I've had packages arrive from the U.S in 2 days, and I've also had packages take 6 weeks. It's a crapshoot.

I've had packages arrive from the U.S in 2 days, and I've also had packages take 6 weeks. It's a crapshoot.

The only time a package I received took long was an order from FT. From england, that takes awhile.

Comgeek is an honest reliable dealer.

I bought a bunch of high grade late bronze raw books from him and the post office dropped the package and some corners were damaged.

I reported the damage and ended up shipping the damaged ones back to him and he refunded me for those books.

If he is not replying to your emails I am sure he has a good reason, because he dealt with my issue promptly.

(worship)

Taking the priority out of priority shipping (worship)

The guy is obviously signing onto ebay if auctions are ending in a few days. So not replying to messages, and listing books is somehow admirable?

I just want to jump in and give a shout out to some real classy sellers: The Bunky Brothers. They were like 2 days after shipment before the book went out. I hadn't even thought about it and they had already refunded priority shipping. Crazy good experience.

(worship)

The guy is obviously signing onto ebay if auctions are ending in a few days. So not replying to messages, and listing books is somehow admirable?

No, it's not admirable, you should have the book or at least some word from him. That said, you are a little heated so I'm definitely a +1 in the relaxing column. Try him on the phone and if that fails use paypal/ebay to get your message across/money back. Getting all pissed off does no one any good.

(worship)

No, it's not admirable, you should have the book or at least some word from him. That said, you are a little heated so I'm definitely a +1 in the relaxing column. Try him on the phone and if that fails use paypal/ebay to get your message across/money back. Getting all pissed off does no one any good.

Well, I did calm down. I left a message on his machine with the item info, and left my cell phone number. I would prefer to end this well. And have both parties happy :wishluck:

Just FYI, Steve has health problems I believe -- when I saw him in NY and at other subsequent shows, I've heard he's not doing terrific. So there's a possibility that from time to time he may not be operating at full capacity. Let's hope that's not the case... but sometimes when a good seller goes off the radar, there's a fairly good explanation for it.

Just FYI, Steve has health problems I believe -- when I saw him in NY and at other subsequent shows, I've heard he's not doing terrific. So there's a possibility that from time to time he may not be operating at full capacity. Let's hope that's not the case... but sometimes when a good seller goes off the radar, there's a fairly good explanation for it.

You know me Brian. I am generally a nice guy, sometimes I may even amuse people. But for whatever reason buying online makes me nervous. When things look shady it just plays into that. So I think it has just gotten the better of me this time, and paranoia has taken over. I left a message on his machine with my cell number, so I am hoping there was just some mix-up. I really dont want to think it was health related and that is the reason, I would not want to hear the guy is not doing well. I would much prefer for whatever reason it was over looked, I speak with him and everything works out. So here is to hopeing that he replies and everything ends well. (thumbs u

I talked to him at last year at the Big Apple 2007 show, he has alot of value books and has been in bussiness since before Ebay. Sounds like he is being lazy and not following up on emails, which is no excuse. The guy is not out to try and pull a fast one and disappear with your money. Isn't this the guy who tried to resub that early Spidy and knocked the piece out of the corner and lost like $1500.00 off the value of the book.