• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yo Guys, Check out CaptainTripps on the Registry!

92 posts in this topic

Found two more pockets of PC books. Starting with the ASM 28 9.6 (which is phenomenal!!)

ASM 26 9.6 PC

ASM 27 9.8 PC

ASM 40 9.6 PC

All were graded 10/15/03

And..

Sgt Fury 1 8.0 Western Penn

ASM Annual 2 9.4 PC

ASM Annual 3 9.6 PC

ASM Annual 4 9.6 PC

ASM Annual 5 9.6 PC

JIM Annual 1 9.6 pC

Marvel Tales 1 9.4 PC

All graded 9/12/03

Finally,

ASM 57 9.4 PC

ASM 58 9.2 PC

ASM 60 9.8 PC

These were all submitted by the same person I'd guess since the serials all start with 0121. There's more ASMs but they don't show up, maybe they haven't been added to cert look up yet.

I caught some FF's too.. (btw if anyone can read the serials on the old label PC's, I can look them up too)

This pocket of PC's has a diff serial start.. 00524, but it matches another pocket of PC coast books serial.

FF 29 9.4 PC

FF 20 8.5 PC

TtA 45 9.4 Northland

TtA 58 9.4 Northland

TtA 48 9.4 Northland

TtA 50 9.4 Northland

DD 31 9.4 PC

DD 40 9.4 PC

Brian

k, found a few more.. (noticed a few of these are on gallery, but just trying to see how much of the run was submitted)

ToS 42 9.4 PC

ToS 43 9.6 PC

ToS 44 9.6 PC

ToS 45 9.8 PC

ToS 46 9.8 PC

ToS 47 9.6 PC

ToS 48 9.8 PC

ToS 49 9.6 PC

ToS 50 9.6 PC

ToS 51 9.6 PC

ToS 52 9.6 PC

ToS 53 9.6 PC

ToS 57 9.6 PC

ToS 58 9.2 PC

ToS 59 9.8 PC

ToS 60 9.6 PC

ToS 63 9.0 PC

ToS 65 9.6 PC

ToS 66 9.6 PC

Jesus.. now that's a frickin run! Can't read any of the old labeled PC's, so if anyone wants to do that. smile.gif

Brian

That's the one thing people have to keep in mind. Now, I'm sure guys who have collections like this paid top dollar at the time of purchase, but to actually put together runs like these that are already graded would be nearly impossible for the most part, and for 99.9% of collectors. I wouldn't even know where to begin totaling the value of the books we're talking about on this thread. So for us younger guys(in age, and in time collecting) interested in Silver Age, we've missed the boat, plain and simple.

Last one that I could find that I could read. Looks like it fills in some of the ASM holes (however, I still can't get in to look up that 42 so there's many there too, I'd assume). oh and this serial starts with the 0052 as a couple others did..

ASM 30 9.4 No pedigree

Avengers 21 9.4 PC

ToS 47 9.4 Northland

X-men 59 9.4 PC

DD 1 9.4 PC

DD 6 9.6 PC

DD 7 9.4 PC

DD 11 9.6 PC

STT 108 9.6 No pedigree

STT 114 9.4 PC

STT 135 9.8 PC (that's one tough book)

FF 5 9.4 white mountain (yes, a second one.. this one graded 9/11)

FF 19 9.6 PC

FF 21 9.6 PC

FF 28 9.6 PC

FF 34 9.4 PC

FF 37 9.4 PC

FF 38 9.6 PC

Hulk 4 9.4 No pedigree

Hulk 5 9.4 PC

TtA 36 9.6 no pedigree

Certainly another good submission smile.gif

Brian

Without a doubt. The boat has definately sailed for us. frown.gif

I'm pretty sure I won't be finding raw copies of any 9.6/9.8 S.A. ASM's ever. That's part of the reason I won't go above 9.4's for S.A., hard on the wallet and really tough to complete.

I've guestimated the current worth of ALL these books posted so far.. to at least a million dollars.. based on old price lists, I'm betting they didn't spend more than 100,000 total to buy all these (assuming they did so, PRE-CGC)

Brian

Ok I lied, I played with the serials and found some more amazing books..

ASM Annual 1 9.6 PC

STT Annual 2 9.6 Western Penn

Avengers Annual 1 9.4 PC

Avengers Annual 2 9.4 PC

FF Annual 4 9.4 PC

FF Annual 5 9.6 PC

Hulk Annual 1 9.6 PC

Marvel Tales 2 9.4 PC

ASM 19 9.8 PC

ASM 20 9.6 PC

ASM 22 9.4 PC

ASM 23 9.6 PC

ASM 50 9.8 PC

ToS 39 9.4 Bethlehem (wow)

ToS 40 9.2 PC

ToS 41 9.4 PC

ASM 61 9.6 no pedigree

ToS 54 9.4 PC

ToS 55 9.2 PC

ToS 56 9.6 PC

ToS 61 9.6 Pc

ToS 62 9.6 PC

ToS 64 9.6 PC

ToS 67 9.8 PC

ToS 68 9.6 PC

ToS 69 9.6 PC

ToS 70 9.6 PC

ToS 71 9.4 PC

ToS 72 9.8 PC

And it just keeps going.. ranges between 9.4-9.8

Can't find any JIMs yet, odd.

Brian

So, I'm starting to think that most other Pacific Coast Marvels I've seen for sale may have been cast offs? Table scraps?

I haven't found a single DC in any of those submissions. However, if I changed the 4th from the last number in the serial.. I came up with a bunch of early restored Detectives. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It would certainly appear that PC is all-encompusing. And that most of the books are very nice. I was surprised to see some really nice older Northland's in there. I wonder how complete and high grade that pedigree is.

Brian

It would certainly appear that PC is all-encompusing.

That's why it's sometimes called the "Mile High collection of the Silver Age"; it did include a complete run of DC, and I think all the rest too (Dell, Harvey, etc). Haspel referred to Curator as the "San Francisco of the Silver Age" when I talked to him once, although since Curator was once a much larger collection that got spread out before it was recognized, it might actually have been a close competitor to Pacific Coast.

this registry thing...

don't know much - have a few questions.

so the creators of those pages - they OWN those books right?

how are the point values assigned to the books? rarity/condition obviously - but what's the grading scheme?

are restored books included too in registries?

i heard the entire xmen and tos PC runs were sold in their entirety when the books were 1st advertised.

i think the ads were in CBM

rumor has it the TOS run went to a collector in japan but i dont think its true

i think brulato has the xmen's

i would guess its the other super collector "baron landgrabber" who owns these amazing books

a 9.8 spidey 50!!!!!!

and a 9.4 dd 7!!!!!!!

there is a PC dd 7 9.2 also, as i have personally seen it

judging from the grades, i think the PC books are the mile highs- i dont think the curators can match them in av grade per issue

i dont think the curators can match them in av grade per issue

The guy titled the Spidey set something like "the second best run of Spideys in the world". Got a guess as to which run he thought was first best? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif