• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Five signatures! Too much of a good thing?

30 posts in this topic

Well, given that it is basically a blank cover, the sigs aren't really detracting from any art... However, wouldn't it have been cooler to get a nice sketch from one of those guys, rather than cover it with sigs? My 2c

Try books such as the Ultimate Spider-man 100 project which I have over 15 on. I see multi-signed books as a great thing as long as the artist contributed something to the book or the character. Although McFarlane, Stan Lee and Romita Sr had little to do with this actual book, each of them put thier distinct mark on the character.

In my opinion this is going a bit too far. What do you guys think? Are these signature orgies the next big thing? :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130270066740&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

If they all contributed to the book how do you decide who gets left out.

I have this one where all the artist's signed. Multi Sig Orgies rock

2678237171_5c7f07fd00_o.jpg

21fc_1.JPG

how about dem apples?

Sure, they ain't regular comics, but they are comic size (convention programs).

2006 Paradise Toronto Comicon Program:

2006%20-%20PCTC%20Program.jpg

33 Sigs: Adrian Alphona, Amanda Conner, Arthur Suydam, Bart Sears, Bob Layton, Brian Azzarello, Dale Eaglesham, Dan Didio, Daniel Way, Danielle Corsetto, Darwyn Cooke, David Johnson, Dave Sim, David Lloyd, Francis Manapul, Frank Cho, Gail Simone, George Perez, Greg Rucka, J. Bone, J. Michael Straczynski, J.G. Jones, Jill Thompson, Jimmy Palmiotti, Kalman Andrasofszky, Ken Lashley, Michael Lark, Mike Mayhew, Nicola Scott, Pat Davidson, Patricia Mulvihill, Talent Caldwell, Valentine De Landro.

2007 Paradise Toronto Comicon Program:

ptc2007prog-jason.jpg

43 Sigs: Attila Adorjany, Adrian Alphona, Kalman Andrasofszky, Kaare Andrews, J. Bone, Ivan Brandon, Jennie Breeden, Chester Brown, Talent Caldwell, Scott Chantler, Darwyn Cooke, Danielle Corsetto, Dan Davis, Tania del Rio, Tom Fowler, Agnes Garbowska, Michael Golden, Justin Gray, Niko Henrichon, Faith Erin Hicks, Stuart Immonen, Georges Jeanty, Karl Kerschl, Joseph Michael Linsner, Francis Manapul, Tara McPherson, Terry Moore, Cary Nord, Christine Norrie, Michael Avon Oeming, Mike Perkins, David Petersen, Jerry Robinson, Nicola Scott, Dave Sim, Gail Simone, Mark Sparacio, Trish Stratus, Ty Templeton, J. Torres, Billy Tucci, Matt Wagner, Marv Wolfman

In case anyone was curious, the seller of the book that started this thread accpeted an offer for $600.