• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IT'S HERE!!! NEW WISH BOOK ARRIVES!!!!!

7 posts in this topic

When I was a lil boy,not yet able to read I used to pour over the Sears and Montgomery Ward Christmas catalogs for hours,days even.

Today I recieved the newest Auction catalog from Mastronet and will be pouring over it just like my younger self did.

They have really outdone themselves this time.

Highlights include-The ORIGINAL oil-painting of SAILING THE SPANISH MAIN-BY Barks along with a few other originals by him,Action 1,Supes 1,Det 1 and 27,38 and a dozen more. Very heavy Golden Age and quite a few Gaines file cabinet ECs, a bunch of Mile High Copies,a complete run of Classics, as wll as several complete issues of original art, and OIL covers,a 9.4 Batman 103,an 8.5 Green Lantern,9.8 ECs,and much much more.

The phone book sized catalogs are put together so well,its a work of art on its own.

Now if they would only take credit cards and lose the 15% BP. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I have to say I never understood the fascination with barks paintings... I think his line work is much more expressive. Although with SO few original barks pages remaining, there may be limited options out there for buyers. Personally I would far rather have the cover of US 386 (if it exists, which I don't think it does) than one of his paintings, nice as they are...