• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men #266 CGC 9.9 [highest] final hours on ebay

15 posts in this topic

This belongs in the Marketplace, not here.

i don't mind reading about the 9.9 here. yes, he IS drawing attention to his auction, but it's not as though the 9.9 is sold every day.

it is more than just a comic book being sold - it's a discussion piece about the price on a modern key as well. (and i'm not therefore suggesting that it be put in the MODERN cateogry either...)

If I was one of the really rich comic collectors that could afford to buy anything I wanted I would buy it. But since I'm not I can think of about 1000 other comics I would rather spend $800+ on when I can buy a really sweet copy of X-Men #266 at my LCS for like $40 and it wouldn't look that much different.

Eric

$1120. Bloody hell. I have trouble selling that book for £12 in NM. Will spending that sort of money on said book, even in this grade, ever be a worthwhile investment, in the long term? Let me think about this.

I've thought about it. No.

I got an easy £40.00 for my 9.4 NM on Ebay.uk earlier this year....

Eventhough the book is pretty common in high grade, a lot of people are speculating that it will become a major key if Gambit makes it to X³...

I got rid of mine when director Bryan Singer went on record to say he didn't need another 'brooding' X-man in the future movies.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Not bad. Was your 9.4 copy of #266 slabbed?

Re X-Men 3 - it may not be Bryan Singer at the helm. If that's the case, things could change re Gambit being a screen X-Man.

Indeed it was....put it up at £40.00 BIN and it survived for 3 hours...guess I caught a fan smile.gif

And I'm pretty confident Singer will helm X³....after all he now has the Danger Room to play with. Check out the extras on the second X² DVD... you'll see the Danger Room actually exists, as a set and as a virtual world....but wasn't used.

Singer always said he wanted to play with the Danger Room... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

hey efattah

"My feedback is 100% positive, 88-0-0, no neutrals, no negatives."

i'll be honest with you. i *DON'T* bid on sellers like you. 893naughty-thumb.gif

you talk about your great feedback record - yet your feedback left about others is extremely poor:

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackMemberLeft&memberId=efattah&items=25

21 feedback comments left, of which 4 are NEGS and 1 is neutral.

i guess you don't leave feedback upon payment in order to protect your 100% rating?

come to think of it - you don't seem to leave feeback at all, especially positive (16 given out whereas 88 received...).