• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[Question] PayPal @ comic shows

15 posts in this topic

I'm getting ready to get back into going to shows this upcoming year, and I was wondering how people have been able to offer PayPal for payments in the past? I would love to be able to offer it for my customers, but I'd like a little more clairity on how it's done. I think some people would want to use an unfamiliar computer to perform a financial transaction.

Thanx in advance... and sorry I've been gone for so long.

I have used it at local cons and people have been very happy with it.

I let them log in and set everything up and let them log themselves out.

Thanx for that. Anyone else have information they can share with someone who would like to utilize PayPal at shows? The more helpful the information, the more greatful I am.

How do you protect yourself against buyer chargebacks? You have no shipping information so all a buyer has to do is file an "item not received" dispute and you're screwed.

I'm getting ready to get back into going to shows this upcoming year, and I was wondering how people have been able to offer PayPal for payments in the past? I would love to be able to offer it for my customers, but I'd like a little more clairity on how it's done. I think some people would want to use an unfamiliar computer to perform a financial transaction.

If you're not in a venue that offers wi-fi, you'd just need a laptop with a cellular modem from AT&T, Verizon, etc... You could make it clear to customers that you delete the broswer cache and all data after each transaction. Or as another person suggested, they can send it to you from their phone if it has that capability, then you can log on to your computer to verify the transaction.

If you're not in a venue that offers wi-fi, you'd just need a laptop with a cellular modem from AT&T, Verizon, etc... You could make it clear to customers that you delete the broswer cache and all data after each transaction. Or as another person suggested, they can send it to you from their phone if it has that capability, then you can log on to your computer to verify the transaction.

I'll give it a try. Thanx to all!

There are also a few web browsers that delete any and all information/cookies when you close the browser. No traces of where that browser has been/activity are left on the computer. It would be a excellent way to offer your customer 100% security. They are not free. Try a google search for them. The best one sells for about $50 or so.

There are also a few web browsers that delete any and all information/cookies when you close the browser. No traces of where that browser has been/activity are left on the computer. It would be a excellent way to offer your customer 100% security. They are not free. Try a google search for them. The best one sells for about $50 or so.

That sounds like a good idea. Any names you can give me to help with the search?

Thanx!