• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK 162 test your grading skills

61 posts in this topic

Heres a copy of hulk 162. I bought around 10 years ago from a collector who had his collection stored in freezer bags, 8 or 9 to a bag ! See what you think , keep in mind that the scan is high resolution and is 3 times or so bigger than the actual comic.

I have it back from CGC and will post the scan of it tomorrow night.

http://auction1.inetu.net/member/smitty181/hulk162.JPG

I'd guess 9.0 too, unless that's a crease down the right side of the book and not a mark on the bag or a scanner ghost. Then maybe only 8.0... confused.gif

I'd guess 9.0 too, unless that's a crease down the right side of the book and not a mark on the bag or a scanner ghost. Then maybe only 8.0... confused.gif

Had to check for myself., It does appear to be from my scanner.

Without holding the book, I am going by the rounded look of the corners, the area on the spine next to Wendigo's elbow exhibits signs of more than one or two readings to me, and I think the cover overall has an appearance that shows a lack of the strength you see in higher grade books. 893blahblah.gif MAYBE an 8.5, but I'll be surprised if it is higher than that. Rake me over the coals if I'm wrong.

I'd like to know what you guys see on this scan that would garner an 8.0 grade. I do see that the other 2 corners are rounded a tad, so I'll lower my guess to a 9.2 or 9.4.

I assume it's just the usual haters, as there's no way (assuming no hidden damage) that book gets less than a 9.0.