• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBAY AUCTION ENDING - WATCHMEN ORIGINAL ART & COLOUR GUIDE Issue #1, Page 25

7 posts in this topic

Sold to a dealer too - how much will it be offered for next week?

Saw that too...maybe he has a client that has wanted a page for ever (shrug)

Don't really know what to make of it, I always thought that if a dealer buys something then he got it for under (retail) value and the piece was worth more.

But on the other hand, the page was sold on the open market and everyone was able to bid on it (and the auction ran its full course which I was very happy with), but nobody was willing to pay more than the winning dealer.

Could a few other interested parties have declined to bid because Simon isn't in the US and has low feedback ?

I wouldn't necessarily assume Enrico bought this to re-sell. I know that he has bid in the past on behalf of friends and clients in Italy who weren't either 1. computer savvy or 2. registered with Ebay.

There's been a real hysteria for pages for a while now, and it's only gotten worse since the trailer's release. It's been my belief that the first page to hit Ebay would really benefit from that. That's the case here. Just wait until a "good" page hits.

Having said that...I do know of several sellers who assume they will get the highest price around the time the movie is released. I believe that by then, a lot of big spenders will have gotten their examples already, so that demand and supply will equalize somewhat and we'll see relatively better values.

Will be fun to see what happens, regardless!