• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008/09 GRADING CONTEST: Round 2

205 posts in this topic

First one is always the toughest for most but it does get easier.

I am only subbing books that should be 9.6 or better. I may throw in a few BA for good measure, but they are only 9.0 range that I bought from Bob Storms. My first sub will be around 12 books.

My first submission should be arriving home within the next couple of weeks. There's one bad one in there, an 8.5 (I think it's due to a small tear on the first page which i didn't notice until I'd written out the form and was packing the box).

But I've been told by a friend who's a registered CGC submission service that I should be pleased with my first lot of books - 12 in all.

One is a Qualified (Thicker Than Blood #1 San Diego Comic Con Triple Signed) which I've only had slabbed for preservation purposes and not the actual grade.

Can't wait for them back so I can see what I got!! :eek:

My first submission should be arriving home within the next couple of weeks. There's one bad one in there, an 8.5 (I think it's due to a small tear on the first page which i didn't notice until I'd written out the form and was packing the box).

But I've been told by a friend who's a registered CGC submission service that I should be pleased with my first lot of books - 12 in all.

One is a Qualified (Thicker Than Blood #1 San Diego Comic Con Triple Signed) which I've only had slabbed for preservation purposes and not the actual grade.

Best of luck Gav (thumbs u

I've been holding off on submitting books, but think I'm going to start after I get the wife to get me a membership for Christmas (thumbs u

This way, I don't have to keep asking for slabbed ROM books in front of everyone :blush:

Cheers Pat (thumbs u

The grades should all be OKish as they're all modern Bat titles (RIP variants, #670 & #655 variants and #608 2nd print).

Next time I'm going for some Silver Age along with some more modern variants and recalled issues, so that should be a much more nailbiting experience!

Hope yours come out good mate, what books have you submitted?

19 people did not submit grades, so automatic -1 for those.

Grades received were:

6.5 - 1

7.0 - 2

7.5 - 5

8.0 - 18

8.5 - 50

9.0 - 39

9.2 - 23

9.4 - 1

9.6 - 1

Majority rules, but not for this round

round2002.jpg

Arrrggghhh!

I put a big nik bump on it and went to 8.5. :frustrated:

Cheers Pat (thumbs u

The grades should all be OKish as they're all modern Bat titles (RIP variants, #670 & #655 variants and #608 2nd print).

Next time I'm going for some Silver Age along with some more modern variants and recalled issues, so that should be a much more nailbiting experience!

First few submissions will be mixed. I have a super fresh Punisher limited series 1, a Captain America Annual 8, a handful of BA Detectives, and a few other randoms. After that I will continue dredging through my avengers,thors,and spideys and send in any 9.8 candidates. And I have about 25 SA books that will be going as well. And I think about 12 GA books.

Cheers Pat (thumbs u

First few submissions will be mixed. I have a super fresh Punisher limited series 1, a Captain America Annual 8, a handful of BA Detectives, and a few other randoms. After that I will continue dredging through my avengers,thors,and spideys and send in any 9.8 candidates. And I have about 25 SA books that will be going as well. And I think about 12 GA books.

Next time I'm looking at Batman #171, #173, #184, #200 and #242. Tec #400, Batman Cacophony #1 Sketch Variant, and both ASB&R #10 recalled issues. Oh and Thicker Than Blood #1 & #2 - I have some serious hope these may reach a 9.9. Probably hoping against hope there but they're damn nice copies. I'll post scans soon.

I need a nice Tec'400 but that will be later this year.

The scan's pretty small but this Tec 400 looks like a nice book. I'm contemplating getting it myself if I can get bigger scans and moving mine on. It finishes tomorrow.

Mind you, if I'm going to upgrade I'd rather buy off a known dealer or see the book in hand first.

I need a nice Tec'400 but that will be later this year.

The scan's pretty small but this Tec 400 looks like a nice book. I'm contemplating getting it myself if I can get bigger scans and moving mine on. It finishes tomorrow.

Mind you, if I'm going to upgrade I'd rather buy off a known dealer or see the book in hand first.

GarageRocker on Ebay. That is Mikey Riffhards book offered here a few weeks ago, it is ending very soon though. Great looking copy

Furthermore, I think if you miss a book by more than 3 grades you should be eliminated . . . end of game. :sumo: Go home, read the Grading Guide, wait 'til next year :grin:

You're talking a lot of trash for a guy in 32nd place. :baiting:

Furthermore, I think if you miss a book by more than 3 grades you should be eliminated . . . end of game. :sumo: Go home, read the Grading Guide, wait 'til next year :grin:

You're talking a lot of trash for a guy in 32nd place. :baiting:

:gossip: It's only 32nd place if you're a golfer :baiting: Commonly, it's otherwise referred to as 3rd place :grin:

:gossip: Mister 101st . . . :baiting: