• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My perspective on the current OA Market

6 posts in this topic

I am not sure what the overall health is of the OA market. Certainly, we have seen some incredible prices paid for certain pages. The stuff I have been selling has been in the lower price range, like less than $1000. I have been selling about one page every three months. I listed the stuff at a high price (but not ridiculous :wishluck:) but have accepted offers at up to 25% off. Most of the stuff I have been selling is either Batman art or panel pages. Most was purchased 4 to 8 years ago. The prices I am getting is maybe 20% over what I paid but in some cases the same. I am guessing this is pretty reflective of the general artwork market. It really is the best pages that seem to command the ever increasing prices.

I have gotten some great deals on stuff this year. Nothing super high end, but when I can get a Kitson cover for $300, I'm a happy guy. Seems people are more in favor of moving their borderline stuff at lower prices which fits right into my collecting niche.

I think you've nailed it. Quality continues to bring the best prices and I think that applies even in a tight economy.

But I also think that the definition of "quality" tends to shrink when you're worried about finances. I'll still spring for a piece that absolutely rocks me but that's about it for now.

(Off subject: I think you've under-priced your Breyfogle page by about fifty percent.)

I think you've nailed it. Quality continues to bring the best prices and I think that applies even in a tight economy.

But I also think that the definition of "quality" tends to shrink when you're worried about finances. I'll still spring for a piece that absolutely rocks me but that's about it for now.

(Off subject: I think you've under-priced your Breyfogle page by about fifty percent.)

lol I would never sell my Breyfogle pages

I've been picking up a lot of low end pages lately. Mainly in the $50 to $150 price range. I will never pass on a good page that is priced under 100, and I have bought about 5 pages this month so far. There is definate value out there, and people do forget that you don't have to go high end to enjoy the hobby.

I've been picking up a lot of low end pages lately. Mainly in the $50 to $150 price range. I will never pass on a good page that is priced under 100, and I have bought about 5 pages this month so far. There is definate value out there, and people do forget that you don't have to go high end to enjoy the hobby.

I agree 100%. I have a lot of stuff I love that I paid under $100 a page for. (thumbs u