• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do some people get rare confused with classic?

40 posts in this topic

I hear a lot of people on here making a big deal about "rare" books and it is true that rare books can be worth a lot of money. It is like an animal on the verge of extinction. I am more concerned with classic qualitiy books that never go out of style like the X-MEN or the Watchmen. I have much respect for rare items or one of a kind items but that does not make a collector of them any more sophisticated than and invester of classics. So, you have the only gloss brown gumdrop ever made. Who really gives a spoon. A rare item is great, but a classic item continues to grow. How many people have been inspired by the Watchmen or Sandman? Now compare that to how many people have been inspired by your one of a kind comic book about windmills.

I hear a lot of people on here making a big deal about "rare" books and it is true that rare books can be worth a lot of money. It is like an animal on the verge of extinction. I am more concerned with classic qualitiy books that never go out of style like the X-MEN or the Watchmen. I have much respect for rare items or one of a kind items but that does not make a collector of them any more sophisticated than and invester of classics. So, you have the only gloss brown gumdrop ever made. Who really gives a spoon. A rare item is great, but a classic item continues to grow. How many people have been inspired by the Watchmen or Sandman? Now compare that to how many people have been inspired by your one of a kind comic book about windmills.

250px-Gumpdrop_NIH.jpg

:sorry:

Because sometimes people collect for the thrill of finding that "rare" item that is near impossible to find as oppossed to the "classic" item that everybody has...many people that collect rare items don't make a big deal out of what they have...

Because sometimes people collect for the thrill of finding that "rare" item that is near impossible to find as oppossed to the "classic" item that everybody has...many people that collect rare items don't make a big deal out of what they have...

Collect because they enjoy collecting which = the real hobbyist of this field.

I'm confused, Windmill #1 is not classic?

I like windmills, doesn't everybody? (shrug) I have hoarded #1's in the hopes of cornering the windmill market and cashing in once the movie comes out.

I like windmills, doesn't everybody? (shrug) I have hoarded #1's in the hopes of cornering the windmill market and cashing in once the movie comes out.

Price is gonna soar when the new "Don Quixote" movie is released... :applause:

You seem to be pissed off at a lot of people. You should get a psychiatrist.

Maybe even a shillchiatrist to help them with their shilling problem.

:roflmao:

I see a thread in the making, "post your windmill covers"

:D

Won't work...they're too rare... :screwy:

:acclaim:

U2-06-155.jpg

U2-06-155.jpg

Classic cover! (worship)