• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you think this Boardmember will do with Avengers 1-100 all high grade?

19 posts in this topic

Ardvarps is a board member right? What do you think about this auction. First off I'm not conviced that alot of the earlier issues are vf/nm but he did say vf or better so no foul there. He mentions that guide is close to $10,000 but I can't see raw books selling for that close to guide. Wonder how reasonable his reserve is? The biggest plus though is he has many many scans which show off the condition of the books well. Thoughts? Final $$$?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2206867779&category=32726

Eric

Well if he's not a board member then I don't have to be afraid of offending anyone. Why the heck does he sell all of those supposed high grade books and never has them CGC'd? I wanted to bid on one of his auctions one time but I just can't tell from his digital camera pics sometimes. And yes Timely that #1 is really nice...possibly soon to be sold by a certain "someone" as an unrestored 9.8 with fire engine red colors, snow white pages and four razor sharp corners 27_laughing.gif

Eric

I actually just went back and looked at the scan of #1 again. Looks nice but enough general wear that I'd say CGC would give it an 8.5...just a tad nicer than my 8.0 wink.gif so thats about $2500 right there what about the rest guys?

Eric

he #1 doesnt look that nice...lots of wear all around. A lot of the later issues look pretty sweet, but many of the books have serious spine issues. Its a tough call. It IS a real nice run, but not really a mint freaks dream. It looks like you'd still need to upgrade nearly ALL the books under 30.

anyway, no need to bid...seems like an 'old friend' is really hot for these books. look how many bids he's made. So many actually that I might be convinced he "knows" aardvark personally!!?? hmmmm