• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Economy is Bad but Vintage Comics are good;) Post your TOP 3 Purchases of 2008!

224 posts in this topic

Just post the pictures that why I started this thread because I want to see anyones grails.....I can see pictures of my books on eBay every day of the week, but not yours.

POST THE SCANS............ :popcorn:

ok...

Superman160.jpg

marvel1twilight.jpg

tec27fg.jpg

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

wow, my biggest purchase this year was $8 for an early pre-JLA beat to heck brave and bold....i guess i'm still broke from my almost seven figure "grail" purchase of a house

I live in a bus shelter

wow, my biggest purchase this year was $8 for an early pre-JLA beat to heck brave and bold....i guess i'm still broke from my almost seven figure "grail" purchase of a house

Post a pic of the house... (shrug)

I do need to clarify that after I finished paying off the Detective 27, I was offered a rediculous sum of money for it, and sold it (after physically only having it in my possession for 3 weeks)... but, it was still a top 3 purchase for me...

I live in a bus shelter

well, you own them, so you need to let the kind folks know that you have multiple suites there lol

I do need to clarify that after I finished paying off the Detective 27, I was offered a rediculous sum of money for it, and sold it (after physically only having it in my possession for 3 weeks)... but, it was still a top 3 purchase for me...

You should post pics of the stack of cash you got. Then let's see your wife. :banana:

here are my meager 3 faves this year (all recent too, I was on hiatus for quite some time)

Nice batch Matt!! :applause: (I don't have a FC 178 :sorry:)

Here are my Top 5 books for the year -

Thanks, these are terrific as well! That This mag, what an elusive little guy, I am so glad you finally got one, I thought it would definitely be in the last 3 needed from your set.

ok, you asked for it...I think these were the 3 biggest $ purchases...

thanks to Geppi via Anderson via Comic link ...kansas city marvel 1

thanks to the good doctor ...detective 27

thanks to Peter, action1kid! ...superman 1

All great books so far. (worship) But this list takes the cake, hands down. All of these were bought this year? :o

A lot of great books being posted by everyone...still waiting for some scans...I'll post mine in the mean time....it was tuff to choose between the Hulk book and my JIM 83 4.0 but I just think the Hulk is a little bit of a cooler book, IMHO that is...

DSC01044-1.jpg

DSC01038-1.jpg

GL76.jpg

Post a pic of the house... (shrug)

'twas purchased in 2006, so it doesn't count for this thread. i will be broke for a long long time though.

of course, it's not like i haven't bought a lot of krap in $10-$20 drips and drabs this year....had i simply used it to buy a few better items rather than hundreds of cheaper items i'd have something to show, but somehow my psyche doesn't feel as bad dropping $50 on 20 or 30 SA or GA readers vs. spending $50 on 1 book or saving my pennies for 3 months and dropping $300...

Thanks, these are terrific as well! That This mag, what an elusive little guy, I am so glad you finally got one, I thought it would definitely be in the last 3 needed from your set.

It's getting to the point where I almost know which books are going to the last 3 ... I'll bet Master 126 and Redskin 8 are going to be part of that group. Don't know yet who's going to round out the last 3 ...

It is now my belief that the relative scarcity of This Mag is Haunted is shared by other Fawcetts issued at the same time, such as Master 126 and Bill Boyd Western 21 (both books I still need) and probably another / some other one(s) I bought without realizing how scarce it was / they were.

Of course, I keep on finding some Romance I didn't know I needed like this one. :tonofbricks: