• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More overgraded POS books from ebay seller

39 posts in this topic

Yea I can't recommend buying raw from him sight unseen, but his stock is definitely worth looking through at shows...I've bought some NM, NM+, and NM/MT early Bronze books from him in the past, although usually I just buy Silver from him.

Yea I can't recommend buying raw from him sight unseen, but his stock is definitely worth looking through at shows...I've bought some NM, NM+, and NM/MT early Bronze books from him in the past, although usually I just buy Silver from him.

What's his pricing like (relative to guide) generally?

What's his pricing like (relative to guide) generally?

He prices raw books according to CGC multiples, which would be fine if he didn't overgrade mildly by a notch or two. If I'm grading them in person, I don't mind paying the multiples on raw...the supply on some of the NM+ books I've bought from him is so low that I expect to pay multiples.

Vince,

How does it feel loosing the name of your website: comicinvestor?

Why don't you show up at a local comic show so we can talk?

For a guy who can't even afford the price of a new comic book I find it really offensive that you should open your mouth on comic books.

So, you know how I feel. I sent him an email and let him know the only solution I would be happy with would be a complete refund and the $8.00 or so it'll cost to send it back to him and I've also let him know the comics only worth about $4.00 in the condition it's in. He would also have to at the very least let people know the price sticker is directly on the comic. Then he can call it a NM all day long for all I care, as the buyers that know or care, will know better.

I'll let you know what happens. grin.gif

Why lay down all these conditions/caveats for the seller? Just leave the neg and you can say whatever you want: "Crazy shipping costs, lousy packaging; book had price sticker on cover, yet described as NM..!"

...that should cover it...

Some more ebay over grades. This time from Jerrybyrnes. tonofbricks.gif

Books advertised as both being NM graded out as follows:

VF

NM-

That is not bad considering how much of a nightmare ebay can be, but if you are paying good money for these books that are presented as being NM, that is what a buyer should receive.