• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pricing question

15 posts in this topic

Hey, guys. I haven't collected comics seriously since I was a kid but I still have a few on hand. Sorry for my ignorance when it comes to comix terminology. Just a few questions.

Remember the DC issue with the black cover when Superman died? Is the reprint edition worth anything?

Also, there was a mini-series by DC in 1985 with at least nine or ten issues in the run. I can't remember the name but there was a god-like character in it. (all of them are in storage in Vegas so I can't verify the title) How have they done in price in high grade, just below mint-state?

Sorry for being so vague.

p.s. What about the 1985 Playboy which features Madonna in the buff. Incidentally, it was the last stapled issue for Playboy. I'm sure that there is a market although I'm not interested in selling. Any idea of value appreciation?

Thanks!

Remember the DC issue with the black cover when Superman died? Is the reprint edition worth anything?

$2.25 in NM according to Overstreet but you'd find it hard to get a quarter for it....

Also, there was a mini-series by DC in 1985 with at least nine or ten issues in the run. I can't remember the name but there was a god-like character in it. (all of them are in storage in Vegas so I can't verify the title) How have they done in price in high grade, just below mint-state?

You're probably referring to the 12-issue mini Crisis. They guide between $10-20 an issue but again, you can expect to get significantly less as these issues are easily found in high grade.

Jim

Thanks for the reply!

Bummer about the low price for the Superman. I bet the original is worth big bucks. I remember the stir that it caused when it first came out and I wasn't even in the field.

"mini-Crisis" does not sound familiar. The main character had dark, semi-long hair and was fairly buff. I'm thinking that the word "god" was in the title somewhere.

That's it! Secret Wars.

I am truly amazed at how cheap (inexpensive) comics are. I suppose that alot of the '70's issues are near valueless? I'm not as bummed out now about losing my 600+ comic collection in 1983 (the year I graduated H.S.). Most of them were Superman.

I suppose that alot of the '70's issues are near valueless?

70s issues and earlier are worth a lot more than 80s and later; everybody kept their comics in nice shape by the 80s because it was common knowledge they could be worth money.

What about the 1985 Playboy which features Madonna in the buff. Incidentally, it was the last stapled issue for Playboy. I'm sure that there is a market although I'm not interested in selling. Any idea of value appreciation?

Thanks!

ACtually, right now ALL Playboys with nude pictorials of children's book authors are HOT HOT HOT!

What about the 1985 Playboy which features Madonna in the buff. Incidentally, it was the last stapled issue for Playboy. I'm sure that there is a market although I'm not interested in selling. Any idea of value appreciation?

Thanks!

ACtually, right now ALL Playboys with nude pictorials of children's book authors are HOT HOT HOT!

sign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif

I can't remember the name but there was a god-like character in it.

hi.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

flowerred.gif

So, does that describe about half of the comix out there? foreheadslap.gif

You guys are a cool bunch! Thanks for the feedback.

When Tim Burton's first Batman movie was released in the theatres, they sold a thick, special edition comic which had the same plot as the movie. Have these appreciated any? I gave c. five bucks for it at the time in '89 (I think).

Don't thinkest me an interloper. I used to love comics although I'm mainly a coin collector.

Don't thinkest me an interloper. I used to love comics although I'm mainly a coin collector.

There's still time to rectify your mistake and come back into the light..... thumbsup2.gif

Jim

sign-funnypost.gif