• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Private Signing with Marc Silvestri - Accepting books NOW!

14 posts in this topic

I am happy to announce that I have a number of spots open to get your comics signed by Top Cow founder Marc Silvestri and then graded by CGC to receive the Signature Series label. Please contact me via e-mail at joelelad@yahoo.com to reserve one or more spots on my list. The books NEED to be in my possession by Tuesday, December 9th, so I can take them to the signing. (If they arrive on Wednesday, I'll have already gone to LA) Sorry for the quick notice, but the opportunity just opened up. If demand is high enough, I can probably schedule a 2nd signing sometime in 2009 but it may take a while to coordinate with his schedule.

Pricing: $32 for each Modern book (this includes the signing cost, submission cost, and grading fee from CGC) plus the shipping cost back to you.

You can PM me for more details. Because this will be a very fast signing, I cannot guarantee any specific ink color or signature location, but I will do my best to accommodate your request.

Joel Elad

You would send the book to this address:

Joel Elad

5694 Mission Center Rd, #602-444

San Diego, CA 92108

There, now it's public record. :) You can get the book out to me and then let me know what is coming. I will definitely be able to get more books to Marc at the Wizard World Los Angeles convention in March 2009. I am NOT sure about sketches in any case, but I am taking down requests, and will let you all know after I talk with him what he says, and what his rates would be.

Joel

The signing went very well, Marc signed every single thing I brought for him. Unfortunately, he was in between meetings and was signing as I laid everything out for him so he could stay on schedule, so there was no time for any sketches. (or for a picture of what a ton of Top Cow and Marvel books looks like when it's laid out on the Top Cow conference table to be signed) :)

The good news is that he was very happy with it, so we're in discussions for more stuff next year, including *possibly*... sketches! More info as I get it and set up something official. At the very latest, I should have some time with him at the March 2009 Wizard World Los Angeles show.

Joel

P.S. If I get some time before packing everything up, I'll try to post a scan of some cool signed books. :)

Currently, Marc is not planning to attend NYCC 2009. Top Cow is planning to attend NYCC, but I think they are still finalizing their plans on who will attend, artist-wise. Marc could change his mind, but I think he's going to stick to the local shows of Wizard World LA and San Diego.

Joel