• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEC. 29TH Dinner in San Fran..........

46 posts in this topic

I have Jason's number if you need it. Maybe one or two of the Sacramento folks can come down too.

I may, but mid-week is tough for me and I've been everywhere in the state but home for most of the last two weeks. The couch, a beer, and the TV remote are calling to me.

My Brother and I would like to meet up with people for Dinner and drinks that evening. :headbang:

I know POV (Michael) and H.O.C. (Mark) are both in and I think Shin said he was a go, can't remember. doh!

FFB (Scott) and Liz can't make it, they will be out of town. :(

I want to go somewhere really good (Slanted Door?) to eat and drink as we are on vacation and want to go to a place special to the SF area. If it is a good place, we will need reservations, which means a count of who is going.

So..........Who is in? (shrug)

I'm game, if there's still space available . . . :)

My Brother and I would like to meet up with people for Dinner and drinks that evening. :headbang:

I know POV (Michael) and H.O.C. (Mark) are both in and I think Shin said he was a go, can't remember. doh!

FFB (Scott) and Liz can't make it, they will be out of town. :(

I want to go somewhere really good (Slanted Door?) to eat and drink as we are on vacation and want to go to a place special to the SF area. If it is a good place, we will need reservations, which means a count of who is going.

So..........Who is in? (shrug)

I'm game, if there's still space available . . . :)

For you.................ALWAYS! :grin:

I have Jason's number if you need it. Maybe one or two of the Sacramento folks can come down too.

Yeah, give him a call or send me his #. Invite anyone who loves comics and enjoys a night out! (thumbs u

re: me meeting up? maybe sborock. :wishluck:

Two Special New Years Eve Shows with...

PHIL LESH & FRIENDS / BOB WEIR & RATDOG

with Jackie Greene

Tueday, December 30th and Wednesday, December 31st, Doors 5:00PM/ Show 6:00PM

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium

Tickets for the December 30th show are $45.00 for general admission plus applicable service charges

Tickets for the December 31st show are $65.00 for general admission plus applicable service charges

Are we set on Slanted Door? Steve, if you want, I can call for a reservation. Also, if you want something a little different (although still Vietnamese), how about Crustacean? Their roast crab and garlic noodles are out of this world. But, the eye candy won't be as high as at the Ferry Building.

Crustacean

Are we set on Slanted Door? Steve, if you want, I can call for a reservation. Also, if you want something a little different (although still Vietnamese), how about Crustacean? Their roast crab and garlic noodles are out of this world. But, the eye candy won't be as high as at the Ferry Building.

Crustacean

That does sound great, but............my brother has been hearing me rave about the S.D. and we can also shop for munchies at the Ferry Building so we have good stuff to eat after the shows as they will probably go too late for us to go anywhere afterwards for decent food.

Oh, yeah........AND EYE CANDY :cloud9:

Do we have a head count yet? Anyone hear from Jason or others? hm

By the way, for parties more than 7 (which I think we'll be), it has to be a prix fixe menu:

PRIX FIXE DINNER

Raw Bar (PRICED A LA CARTE)

half dozen oysters Kusshi (BC), Beau Soleil (NB), Drakes Bay (CA), Coromandel (NZ), Malpeque (PEI) - 15

chilled greenlip mussels steamed in wine and lemongrass with roasted chili aioli - 12

Japanese yellowtail with crispy shallots and thai basil - 15

Spanish mackerel with ginger-scallion oil - 13

Kona kampachi with english cucumber, mint and thai chili - 15

Appetizers ( select 3 items )

crispy imperial rolls with shrimp, pork, glass noodles and peanuts

crispy vegetarian imperial rolls with taro root, cabbage, glass noodles and peanuts

Slanted Door spring rolls with shrimp, pork, mint and peanut sauce

vegetarian spring rolls with tofu, shiitakes, cabbage, mint and peanut sauce

barbecued Niman Ranch pork spareribs with honey-hoisin sauce

daikon rice cakes with shiitake mushrooms and shallots

green papaya with tofu, rau ram and roasted peanuts

grapefruit and jicama with red cabbage, pickled carrots and candied pecans

five-spiced duck confit with organic baby frisée, pomegranate, and sherry-shallot vinaigrette

Entrées ( select 3 items )

Niman Ranch shaking beef cubed filet mignon, watercress, red onions and lime dipping sauce

grilled Australian free-range lamb rack with crispy sunchokes and tamarind sauce (extra $3 per person)

grilled Prather Ranch ribeye steak (15 oz) with green peppercorn, soy and crispy fingerling potatoes (extra $3 per person)

Anderson Ranch lamb sirloin with organic onions and red chilies

grilled Range Brothers' berkshire pork chops with braised red cabbage, crispy leeks, ginger, soy and maple

stir-fried chicken with ginkgo nuts, chinese dates, raisins, walnuts and cashews

chicken claypot with caramel sauce, chilies and fresh ginger

cellophane noodles with fresh dungeness crab meat

grilled Arctic char with cucumber, red radish, mint and spicy ginger-soy sauce

caramelized tiger prawns with garlic, onions and chili sauce

roasted Alaskan black cod with kaffir lime, lemongrass, wood oven roasted chanterelles and winter greens

pan-seared day boat scallops with organic butternut squash, ginger, rau ram and thai chili (extra $3 per person)

steamed whole striped bass with ginger, scallion and soy (extra $3 per person)

Vegetables ( select 1 item )

Hodo Soy Beanery organic lemongrass tofu with fresh shiitake mushrooms, onions and chili sauce

vegetarian glass noodles with tofu skin, fresh black trumpet mushrooms, and oyster mushrooms

Chue Farm baby bok choy with baby shiitake mushrooms

Riverdog Farm japanese eggplant with green onions and coconut milk

Catalan Farm broccoli with honshimeji mushrooms and pressed tofu

Star Route Farm baby spinach with garlic and caramelized shallots

Capay Farm organic dino kale with caramelized shallots and garlic

Add $3 per person for each additional appetizer or vegetable

Add $6 per person for each additional entrée

dude, just being in the city should be good enough. :gossip:

meh. I've been there a couple of times. I hate, HATE driving there, so I try to talk friends into driving me around. :P I've pretty much seen all there is in California since I lived there for a while once as well as having visited the state several times before and after.

man, I'm missing out on a sborock (the man,the myth, the legend, the grateful dead, dead head with the pony tail) sighting in SF!! If I could only find a way to make it up the coast on that day.....

Believe me, you are not missing anything. I am much uglier in person (if that's even possible) and (once again, is this even possible) dumber.

It would be great to hang with you though, so try and make it. If you do, 1st 2 drinks are on me :wishluck: