• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008/09 GRADING CONTEST : Round 6

118 posts in this topic

All about the tears and bends.

Top spine which can be seen on BC scan has a tear. 2 tears on open edge of the front cover. Bend(light) on LLC back cover.

Lesson here is CGC does not like tears :D

I thought 8.5 at first but gave it the Nik bump to a 9.0 :tonofbricks:

I thought 9.0 and Nik bumped it to 9.2 ,so I was doubly wrong!

:roflmao:

Would be great to see the grader notes(if there are any) after each book is posted to try and associate what we are seeing(or not seeing) with what CGC downgraded the book for.

Miscut white book.. now I know why Nik was all evil sounding last round. :devil:

Thanks again to nik and Co for hosting this little torture fest.

WOW...got tripped up...had this one at 9.0 and got psychologically shainghaided into bumping to 9.2 sending me out of my 3 points comfort zone...that tear really bothered me at top spine but I hope I'm not totally bamboozled from this point on trying to second-guess myself... :frustrated:

Top spine which can be seen on BC scan has a tear. 2 tears on open edge of the front cover. Bend(light) on LLC back cover.

Time to pull a Greggy cause the short short wedgie has me seeing....well I'll let you finish the rhyme. :juggle:

Lesson learned here: I can't see half that chit on my iPhone :frustrated:

I may need to go shopping for a laptop before this vacation is over.

To be honest with you I wanted to ask you about the top spine tear because I honestly couldn't tell how bad it was in the scan, and or if it was production related. But since we are not allowed to ask questions I just guessed, and was of course incorrect!

There my ration of complaining is now over, it felt good.

:acclaim: