• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Are Your COLLECTING GOALS for 2009?

104 posts in this topic

My 2009 goals...

Complete "Kraven's Last Hunt" in CGC 9.8 (currently 50%) - BTW if anyone sees a PPTSS #132, let me know :wishluck:

I'll check for you. What issues comprise the "Kraven's Last Hunt" story arc? I have a nice original owner PPTSS run.

My want list right now for 2009 and beyond is:

1. ASM 1-328 CGC Graded only

2.-Batman 200-500 "Raw" NM or better (Adams Batmans I will be buying only CGC in 9.4)

3. Detective Comics-370-666-"Raw" NM or better (Adams Batmans I will be buying only CGC in 9.4)

4. Neals Adams Cover/art from Action Comics, Superman, Superboy, and X-men in CGC 9.4

Sorry to my X-men Collection, you had to go.... :sorry:

My 2009 goals...

Complete "Kraven's Last Hunt" in CGC 9.8 (currently 50%) - BTW if anyone sees a PPTSS #132, let me know :wishluck:

I'll check for you. What issues comprise the "Kraven's Last Hunt" story arc? I have a nice original owner PPTSS run.

Thanks, I appreciate that. :hail:

Kraven's Last Hunt is made up of:

ASM 293 (got it) & 294

PPTSS 131 (got it) & 132

WEB 31 (got it) & 32

The PPTSS 132 is going to be the tough one. IIRC, there were only two 9.8s on the census last time I checked. The other two issues should be relatively easy to find, though. I haven't really been looking too hard for them yet.

2009 Goals

1. Complete my 8.0 or higher Action Comics, Superman, Batman, Detective and Flash 20 cent covers run.

2. Buy at least one of Raboy's Master Comics.

3. Buy a few Golden Age DC superhero comics - most likely in low grade.

Hmm, I'd like to pay off my grail comic by the end of Jan. I'd also like to find a higher grade XMen 1. Otherwise, thats it!

I have to ask you a question that's been eating at me. How do you afford all those sweet books as a college student? I was eating Mac & Cheese, Ramen soup for four years I was so poor.

Hmm, I'd like to pay off my grail comic by the end of Jan. I'd also like to find a higher grade XMen 1. Otherwise, thats it!

I have to ask you a question that's been eating at me. How do you afford all those sweet books as a college student? I was eating Mac & Cheese, Ramen soup for four years I was so poor.

I work 2 jobs.

I work 2 jobs.

Is one of them at Circuit City? If so, could you hook me up with a discount?

No, I do however work at Borders. I can hook you up there.

Ah, very cool. I used to work at Barnes & Nobles back in my college days. One of the best jobs I've ever had.

edit: although all my paychecks went toward books. I still some of those coverless books in my house, about 200 of em.

This is my first post, so I'll start by wishing you all a great 2009, I hope you all can complete your goals!

My main goals for 2009 are:

-Find a good comic book forum (I think I found one :) ) where I can show my love for comics.

-Start my CGC collection (I don't own any book Graded by CGC :( ) .

-Improve my comic book collection

-Start buying more GA and SA books.