• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can the board help me with early FF cover appearances?

17 posts in this topic

Hey guys and dolls -

As a big FF fan, along with many others here, I am looking into their cover appearances in other Marvel titles. Apart from some Strange Tales 106 (?) and 108, along with ASM #1, can anyone throw down a list of FF cover appearances outside their own title from 1961-1967? Even one or two might be useful! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Scans also welcome. Thanks a bundle.

Dan

ps did I just say "Thanks a bundle"? foreheadslap.gif

Good point.

Do all 4 have to appear?

If just one then the Torch was around a lot in Spider-man and Strange Tales.

2 out of 4?

Then the Thing and the Torch teamed up a lot in the later Stange Tales issues just before Nick Fury.

As a side note:

Did you know that all 4 members of the FF appeared on every cover of the Fantastic Four until issue 51?

No Torch on 51!

This is not counting the logo above the price. smirk.gif

On 46 (Black Bolt) and 50 (Surfer) they appeared as heads only (I always disliked covers like that).

I don't know.

I guess they figured everyone had a favorite member of the FF.

They didn't want anyone to not buy an issue because if they didn't see that member on the cover they might assume that member wasn't in the inside story? confused-smiley-013.gif

Did that statement make sense? It's late here and I'm sleepy. makepoint.gifsleeping.gif

Thanks for the info and the pics!

It has always surprised me that the FF weren't featured on more covers outside their own title, but maybe there were too many of them to fit in easily. ASM #1, Strange Tales #106 and #108, and some of the cheesier reprint issues seem to be the major examples.

And yes, I am looking for the entire team represented, from '61-'67. There don't seem to be that many.

Dan