• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alright, beginner questions inside.

10 posts in this topic

Alright, without further ado

RRP --> what does this mean? recommended retail price?

The 'incentive' covers, what are these? the 1:25, 1:75, etc does this mean a dealer gets one for buying that many comics? Then I as a customer have to buy that one too? What if I order 25, do i get it for free?

More will come i'm sure, also any other abbreviations you can think of, there have been times on this board i've stared at things like HG for minutes before realising what they meant.

While you're here, and i should google it and what not - what # of 52 has the black mary marvel, does anyone know who has the cover art and does anyone have a SS 9.8 of it. I know i know wrong forums but go with it while you're here!

Edit: Benes does the cover. Thought it was turner for some reason, get his supergirl/powergirl/bossomgirl covers mixed up all the time....

RRP - Retailer Roundtable Program....

To quote Mile High Chuck "RRP (Retailer Roundtable Program) is an invitation-only conference that DC sponsors approximately every 18 months. The original purpose of the program was to give the DC editorial and marketing staffs the opportunity to ask selected retailers (in a very private environment) about what they thought of DC's efforts during the previous year, and to explore how DC might be able to improve in the future. This program began in the early 1990's with just a few comics retailers attending, and has now expanded to over 60 retailer organizations being represented at this year's conference. "

Like thanos said - it's basically a very limited variant given only to retailers who are part of the RRP program.

The 'incentive' covers, what are these? the 1:25, 1:75, etc does this mean a dealer gets one for buying that many comics? Then I as a customer have to buy that one too? What if I order 25, do i get it for free?

Yep - 1:25 means that the dealer has to buy 25 copies of a single book in order to buy 1 copy of the 1:25 variant. Which doesn't mean that you can order 25 copies from the dealer & get the variant that way - most dealers immediately put the variants aside & mark them up based on the difficulty in getting them.

Like thanos said - it's basically a very limited variant given only to retailers who are part of the RRP program.

Yep - 1:25 means that the dealer has to buy 25 copies of a single book in order to buy 1 copy of the 1:25 variant. Which doesn't mean that you can order 25 copies from the dealer & get the variant that way - most dealers immediately put the variants aside & mark them up based on the difficulty in getting them.

Usually the higher the ratio, the higher in price. A 1:10 is cheaper than a 1:25 and so on. When it comes to variants, I highly suggest you wait to buy them. At least a few months, as you can pick them up at half of what people originally were trying to sell them for. I purchased a HoM Variant when it first came out, the Dodson cover for Ms. Marvel, I just purchased a 9.8 slab of it that cost less than the raw copy I bought. doh!

Just be patient and you can get those covers. What artists were you most interested in? Or is it a particular series?

The whole variant thing is a scam in my opinion, (that's why I love 'em :insane:) I remember the 1:100 Mighty Avengers #1 Variant. Those were going for insane prices. Then the week after release Diamond sent the supposed 1:100 variant as restocking for sell outs of the regular covers. One of my local LCS had 30 copies... I of course ending up with 5 at cover price which I immediately sold each on Ebay for over $75 each... Gotta love capitalism.

I'm lucky enough to have a great relationship with my LCS and he lets me pick through the variants when they come in to get the best copy (he knows I slab them for my collection). He is also very reasonable with the prices. I see other local dealers charge 2 times as much as he does.

And it's Benitez, not Benes who does the artwork.

And it's Countdown, not 52. Countdown 47. Benes does the cover for 46, and someone actually just had a CGC SS 9.8 for sale in the forum.

Found all the comic details (plus faulty benes info) but didn't think to add the altered details in my edit doh, Also seems a bit of a rip to me if i buy 25 books the damned lcs wouldn't just give Me the variant, i made it happen on my own after all, also does that mean that for say 100 books, they'd get 4x 1:25, 2 x1:50,1x 1:100, etc 'offered' to them to buy?

And as for the mary marvel cover, i absolutely love it. I'm a big captain marvel fan, slightly large marvel girl fan and well marvel junior is the black sheep of the family. only my love for the bad guys winning surpasses the big red cheese and well.... a 'bad' marvel girl what more can i want? N.b.- black adam does not count as a bad guy captain marvel, he's different because i say so.

And it's Benitez, not Benes who does the artwork.

And it's Countdown, not 52. Countdown 47. Benes does the cover for 46, and someone actually just had a CGC SS 9.8 for sale in the forum.

Found all the comic details (plus faulty benes info) but didn't think to add the altered details in my edit doh, Also seems a bit of a rip to me if i buy 25 books the damned lcs wouldn't just give Me the variant, i made it happen on my own after all, also does that mean that for say 100 books, they'd get 4x 1:25, 2 x1:50,1x 1:100, etc 'offered' to them to buy?

And as for the mary marvel cover, i absolutely love it. I'm a big captain marvel fan, slightly large marvel girl fan and well marvel junior is the black sheep of the family. only my love for the bad guys winning surpasses the big red cheese and well.... a 'bad' marvel girl what more can i want? N.b.- black adam does not count as a bad guy captain marvel, he's different because i say so.

Yeah it's a nice cover by Benitez. He also did a Detective Comics issue like a year or two ago which is pretty good as well.