• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weird ebay email, is it real?

10 posts in this topic

I was just sent an email. I'm not sure if it is legit or a scam, considering a few of the words in the email are misspelled and they want me to follow their link and sign in. Plus I am not aware of any "probIems". Is this email for real or a way to get my passwords? Here is the email.

"We regret to inform you that your eBay account could be suspended if you don`t resolve your problems.To resolve al this problems please click here and login to your account in order to resolve your account problems.If your problems could not be resolved your account will be suspended for a period of 3-4 days, after that it will be again operational.

Per the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend,indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we belive that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us.We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised that you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account. Please note that this suspension dose not relieve you of your agreed-upon obligation to pay any fees you may owe to eBay.

Regards, Safeharbor Department

eBay, Inc .

Do not reply to this e-mail"

Timely

Already got one. It's a scam. What possible deterrant could "signing into your account" do to avoid being suspended?

ebay says "uhh.. you're being suspended for not logging into your account often enough.." RIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTT...

Brian

Got this one earlier today:::

Dear eBay account owner!

eBay sent this e-mail to you because your Notification

Preferences indicate that you want to receive information

about Special Promotions, Offers and Events. Due to increased

fraudulent activity with eBay, we reviewed terms and conditions

and we need any user to specify bank name during registration.

Registered users should update their account details by specifying

bank name. Please click on the link below to get to the eBay security

update page and reenter your account details. Be sure to enter the bank

name otherwise your account will not be updated. Thank you.

https://cgi.ebay.com/saw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?UpdateInformation

Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Copyright © 2003 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

Key phrase to this one:

Enter your bank name: UHHH, it's called a routing number

and it's on your check.......

OR it's included on your registered CC.

YET another scam.

I get my email through the website, and generally get around

200 pieces of spam a day, so when I see EBAY or HERITAGE

I'll usually take a second to double check it.

OH YES< any one else getting the tons of MICROSOFT

emails with attatchments??????

Phil

OH YES< any one else getting the tons of MICROSOFT

emails with attatchments??????

Phil

I had been getting TONS of this last month. It has slowed down considerably. I think my ISP/Hosting service has found a way to filter that bogus MS stuff out.

As a person who had their Ebay account taken over by a person in Portugal this month, I say be careful. Most of these scams are becoming obvious right now due to a lot of publicity by Ebay and other board members, which is good. The criminals behind these types of deceptions get smarter and more shady by the minute.

I was fortunate that I caught it the very first day, and had my account temperarily suspended so that they could cancel the auctions for about 25 items ranging from Computers to plasma screen TV's. None of the items had bids on them when Ebay cancelled the auctions, but I received a call from a guy in Germany saying that he had transferred money to a gentlemen claiming to be me.

Although the auctions were cancelled, he still did a transaction with this creep outside of Ebay and got taken for like $1,500 dollars. I feel bad for the guy, but other than notifying Ebay the same day and having the auctions cancelled, there wasn't much more I could do. I told him to contact the police and file a report, but I don't think that will do any good. confused-smiley-013.gif