• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nik's Grading Contest Prize Thread

161 posts in this topic

Looks nice... What was the fatal flaw?

I don't know (shrug) I never did call for grader's notes. I thought it was a 9.0-9.2 :tonofbricks:

I will find out and post.

It's interior:gossip:

Last year when I won, I sort of decided the rules for that contest. It went like a draft. The top 5 picked in order of finish. I also had the person who had the most right without a negative get a pick and the Rookie of the year got a pick.

Last year there wer 17 gifts.

Finisher one got: 5 picks

Finisher two got 4 picks

Finisher three had 3 picks

Finisher four got 2

Finisher five got 1

Rookie of the year 1

And most right without going negative got 1 pick.

So it went finisher 1 picks one item, finisher 2 picks one item etc. Then it goes back to finisher one.

But there are no hard set of rules. One other year I think the winner received everything, I myself wanted it to be more open and reward those who stuck it out to the end.

I also will be submitting a prize just got to find something first. lol

Do you get anything for 2nd or 3rd place? hm

At this rate I'm just hoping there's a prize for last place :tonofbricks:

Great idea! I will donate this for the last place prize. It is the worst grade I have received on a book that I submitted so it is an appropriate prize.

:applause: So I won't walk away empty handed :roflmao:

Do you get anything for 2nd or 3rd place? hm

At this rate I'm just hoping there's a prize for last place :tonofbricks:

Great idea! I will donate this for the last place prize. It is the worst grade I have received on a book that I submitted so it is an appropriate prize.

:applause: So I won't walk away empty handed :roflmao:

Not so fast, buddy! You gotta go through ME to get it! :sumo:

Looks nice... What was the fatal flaw?

I don't know (shrug) I never did call for grader's notes. I thought it was a 9.0-9.2 :tonofbricks:

I will find out and post.

I called for grader's notes and I remember this book now. The notes were, "Water damage in upper right corner on reverse." I remembered this book because it was one of my lessons many years ago in always making sure you take a book out of the bag and look at the back cover before buying at a con (or including it in a submission to CGC).