• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nik's Grading Contest Prize Thread

161 posts in this topic

Here's the tentative final arrangements and drafting order. I'm making the suggestion of having the top 10 finalists not eligible for other prizes. This means that the Rookie of the Year title and honour will go to mschmidt, but he will not get an extra pick for it. As well, the 4 players in the top 10 that went through the contest without getting a negative, will as well not get extra picks. Sckao will get a pick for having no negatives. Please speak up if you feel these suggestions are unfair or not right in any way.

We have a total of 26 prize lots.

1. Finisher one Toro will get 6 picks

2. Finisher two thirdgreenham will get 4 picks

3. Finisher three Flee-Marquette will get 4 picks

4. Finisher four Norinn Radd will get 3 picks

5. Finisher five blue808 will get 2 picks

6. Finisher six osborn_fr will get 1 pick

7. Finisher seven gernblanston will get 1 pick

8. Finisher eight mschmidt will get 1 pick

9. Finisher nine october will get 1 pick

10. Finisher ten AJD will get 1 pick

11. Longest streak CAP Freak 1 pick

12. Most right without a negative sckao 1 pick

If the suggested amendments are accepted, then the drafting order will be: 1 to 12, 5 to 1, 1 to 4, 3 to 1, 1, 1

The worst place finisher GeneralZod (correct me if I'm wrong here) who completed every round doesn't get a pick, he automatically gets New Mutants #87.

sd2416 got the lowest score, but it looks like with 6 minus 1's in the last 6 rounds, he had given up.

Andy

So no Rookie of the Year prize since mschmidt finished 8th? Maybe give it to the next highest ranking rookie in line? Maybe me? :whistle:

Hey, it all sounds good to me! On with the prize picking! Let's get the show on the road! :sumo:

I know you're joking, but there can only be one Rookie of the Year, and that's mschmidt. He wears the belt. :sumo: I'd say that if sckao really doesn't want his pick, then mschmidt should get it. I don't know. This pressure is too much having to make all these tough decisions. Where the hell is Silvers? :frustrated:

I know you're joking, but there can only be one Rookie of the Year, and that's mschmidt. He wears the belt. :sumo: I'd say that if sckao really doesn't want his pick, then mschmidt should get it. I don't know. This pressure is too much having to make all these tough decisions. Where the hell is Silvers? :frustrated:

Naaaa....force feed a comic to him. lol

He deserves something for all of the work he put into this. I say run with your plan as stated and let's see who picks what. (thumbs u

Shark

Okay, here we go:

I will try to constantly update this post by showing which books have been taken by whom, and who's turn it is to make a pick.

It is also the responsibility of the donors to get in touch with whomever choose their prize, get their name and address, and ship the items. The prize picker can also get in touch with the donor as well.

Worldsbestcomics, you should get in touch with GeneralZod and send off your New Mutants #87.

The order of the picking is as follows:

Toro, thirdgreenham, Flee-Marquette, Norinn Radd, blue808, osborn_fr, gernblanston, mschmidt, october, AJD, CAP Freak, sckao, blue808, Norinn Radd, Flee-Marquette, thirdgreenham, Toro, Toro, thirdgreenham, Flee-Marquette, Norinn Radd, Flee-Marquette, thirdgreenham, Toro, Toro, Toro.

I will cross out the names as these people have picked.

First up is Toro! :acclaim:

Action 95 donated by comicdonna

The Marvel Vault donated by sckao

The DC Vault donated by sckao

Marvel Zombies/Army of Darkness #1 donated by mr_highgrade

Marvel Zombies #1 donated by mr_highgrade

Marvel Zombies #4 donated by mr_highgrade

Uncanny X-Men #282 donated by mr_highgrade

Fantastic Four #98 donated by djpinkpanther67

X-Men: Movie Adaption #nn, X-Men 2 Prequel: Wolverine #1, X-Men 2 Prequel: Nightcrawler #1 donated by trmoore54

Thor #149 donated by trmoore54

Uncanny X-Men #198 donated by shark2557

Uncanny X-Men #199 donated by shark2557

Thor #172 donated by Blind Owl

T-Shirt donated by hesdeadjim

Savage Tales Annual #1 donated by Toro

Our Army At War #82 donated by thirdgreenham

Whiz #135 donated by thirdgreenham

Spectacular Spider-Man #27 donated by loki

Incredible Hulk #102 donated by Flee-Marquette

Machine Man #1 donated by gernblanston

Micronauts #1 donated by gernblanston

Miracleman #1 donated by gernblanston

Weird War Tales #89 donated by Norinn Radd

Superman/Batman #10 donated by James Welborn

Astonishing X-Men #25 variant donated by James Welborn

Kazar #1 plus some bonus junk donated by topofthetotem

The order of the picking is as follows:

Toro, thirdgreenham, Flee-Marquette, Norinn Radd, blue808, osborn_fr, gernblanston, mschmidt, october, AJD, CAP Freak, sckao, blue808, Norinn Radd, Flee-Marquette, thirdgreenham, Toro, Toro, thirdgreenham, Flee-Marquette, Norinn Radd, Flee-Marquette, thirdgreenham, Toro, Toro, Toro.

Hey! Didn't they make a movie about him? hm

Oh, wait a minute! That was Tora! Tora! Tora!. :grin:

He deserves something for all of the work he put into this. I say run with your plan as stated and let's see who picks what. (thumbs u

Shark

:tonofbricks:

Shark

:foryou:

Shark

:foryou: Hey, I AM the one who brought up first that YOU were probably Rookie of the Year. :grin:

hm Many nice prizes, but I think I will take this one!!!

Action 95 donated by comicdonna

Action95forgradingcontest001.jpg

Next up thirdgreenham!

That pick was a TOTAL surprise! :whistle:

:jokealert: