• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nik's Grading Contest Prize Thread

161 posts in this topic

Yeah and we should add more categories. Like

Most Bullseyes

Longest Streak

and

Most Consistent

:insane:

I'll leave the rules up to the winner, Toro. When he chimes in, we can start to set in stone this year's rules for prizes. k?

Andy

Hi,

Well I'd probably stick with the format of the last few years, prizes split between top 5. I wouldn't add in Most Bullseyes because that was me and I'd leave out most consistant, because again it was Andy, Flee and myself. But I'd be more then happy to give out a prize to longest streak as well as Rookie of the year if we can figure out who that is.

If anyone else has other suggestions feel free to chime in. This is not just my contest, it's the people's contest. (okay, maybe I watched to much inauguration today)

Anyways any other suggestions?

Ernie

Yeah and we should add more categories. Like

Most Bullseyes

Longest Streak

and

Most Consistent

:insane:

I'll leave the rules up to the winner, Toro. When he chimes in, we can start to set in stone this year's rules for prizes. k?

Andy

Hi,

Well I'd probably stick with the format of the last few years, prizes split between top 5. I wouldn't add in Most Bullseyes because that was me and I'd leave out most consistant, because again it was Andy, Flee and myself. But I'd be more then happy to give out a prize to longest streak as well as Rookie of the year if we can figure out who that is.

If anyone else has other suggestions feel free to chime in. This is not just my contest, it's the people's contest. (okay, maybe I watched to much inauguration today)

Anyways any other suggestions?

Ernie

I just hate to see the top 5 take all of the prizes. It would be nice to see at least the top 10 each win something. (shrug)

I think mschmidt mentioned this was his first grading contest (as it was mine) and he finished 8th. So maybe he is "Rookie of the Year"?

I'll donate the Kazar #1 Nik had in the contest round.... hm I forget now.

Anywho go back a few round and look yourself if your interested.

Plus some bonus Junk :whistle:

Get me a picture of your Kazar #1 and your bonus junk as well. Also, please let me know if the junk and the Kazar are part of the same prize or if you'd like to break them into two prizes. (thumbs u

Andy

Still waiting to find out how many gifts there'll be. There's been a call for the top 10 to all get gifts and I'm fine with that. Everyone else alright with that? Also adding a prize for the longest streak. :shy:

Finisher one Toro will get ? picks

Finisher two thirdgreenham will get ? picks

Finisher three Flee-Marquette will get ? picks

Finisher four Norinn Radd will get ? picks

Finisher five blue808 will get ? picks

Finisher six osborn_fr will get 1 pick

Finisher seven gernblanston will get 1 pick

Finisher eight mschmidt will get 1 pick

Finisher nine october will get 1 pick

Finisher ten AJD will get 1 pick

Rookie of the year mschmidt 1 pick

Longest streak CAP Freak 1 pick

And most right without getting a negative will get 1 pick. I'm cool with this choice as well, but there were 5 players that didn't get a negative: thirdgreenham, Flee-Marquette, osborn_fr, october, and sckao. We could opt to just award a pick to sckao as the other 4 are already getting prizes. :shrug: .....or not :insane:

The worst place finisher GeneralZod (correct me if I'm wrong here) who completed every round doesn't get a pick, he automatically gets New Mutants #87.

sd2416 got the lowest score, but it looks like with 6 minus 1's in the last 6 rounds, he had given up.

Thoughts and feelings so far?

Andy

Still waiting to find out how many gifts there'll be. There's been a call for the top 10 to all get gifts and I'm fine with that. Everyone else alright with that? Also adding a prize for the longest streak. :shy:

Finisher one Toro will get ? picks

Finisher two thirdgreenham will get ? picks

Finisher three Flee-Marquette will get ? picks

Finisher four Norinn Radd will get ? picks

Finisher five blue808 will get ? picks

Finisher six osborn_fr will get 1 pick

Finisher seven gernblanston will get 1 pick

Finisher eight mschmidt will get 1 pick

Finisher nine october will get 1 pick

Finisher ten AJD will get 1 pick

Rookie of the year mschmidt 1 pick

Longest streak CAP Freak 1 pick

And most right without getting a negative will get 1 pick. I'm cool with this choice as well, but there were 5 players that didn't get a negative: thirdgreenham, Flee-Marquette, osborn_fr, october, and sckao. We could opt to just award a pick to sckao as the other 4 are already getting prizes. :shrug: .....or not :insane:

The worst place finisher GeneralZod (correct me if I'm wrong here) who completed every round doesn't get a pick, he automatically gets New Mutants #87.

sd2416 got the lowest score, but it looks like with 6 minus 1's in the last 6 rounds, he had given up.

Thoughts and feelings so far?

Andy

I like what you have here so far. I think you'll still have enough prizes left for the top 5 so you can still do the 5-4-3-2-1 thing for 1st thru 5th. Maybe even 2 to blue. (thumbs u

I don't know, Michael, somehow you don't seem like a rookie grader. lol

BTW, congratulations on scoring that Miracleman 8. I guess I don't have a monopoly anymore. :devil:

Thanks! I bought it as a raw NM on ebay for $12 - so far it's the purchase of the year :)

And, hey, congrats on finishing your set! (worship)

Here's the tentative final arrangements and drafting order. I'm making the suggestion of having the top 10 finalists not eligible for other prizes. This means that the Rookie of the Year title and honour will go to mschmidt, but he will not get an extra pick for it. As well, the 4 players in the top 10 that went through the contest without getting a negative, will as well not get extra picks. Sckao will get a pick for having no negatives. Please speak up if you feel these suggestions are unfair or not right in any way.

We have a total of 26 prize lots.

1. Finisher one Toro will get 6 picks

2. Finisher two thirdgreenham will get 4 picks

3. Finisher three Flee-Marquette will get 4 picks

4. Finisher four Norinn Radd will get 3 picks

5. Finisher five blue808 will get 2 picks

6. Finisher six osborn_fr will get 1 pick

7. Finisher seven gernblanston will get 1 pick

8. Finisher eight mschmidt will get 1 pick

9. Finisher nine october will get 1 pick

10. Finisher ten AJD will get 1 pick

11. Longest streak CAP Freak 1 pick

12. Most right without a negative sckao 1 pick

If the suggested amendments are accepted, then the drafting order will be: 1 to 12, 5 to 1, 1 to 4, 3 to 1, 1, 1

Andy