• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Was The Most Expensive Comic You've Ever Touched?

95 posts in this topic

In '87 I roomed with a guy that had been working on collecting every Batman appearance. He had been doing so since he was a teen in the 60s and was only missing a few Worlds Finest.

One of the coolest comic times in my life was when he lugged those boxes into the room I rented and let me read *everything* Batman chronologically. It was paradise. For the most part they were VG average and I got to relax on the couch and read my way through decades of the dark night and see his evolution. Not a pedigree in the bunch, and the Tec 27 was coverless, but other than that they were a great group of books. Some of the reprint volumes of late are great to read but poring over every original GA BatBook in the order they hit the stands was mind-boggling.

Thanks to CentaurMan and other boardies at the Chicago dinners, I've touched Action 1, a very high grade AA 61, Captain America 1, ...

I held Wyn's Action 2 Mile High at Chicago a few years ago :cloud9:

Win's action comics #2 is not the mile high copy!

is it? was it?

is there even a MH action #2???

B.

Hell, it might have been a MH, it might not have. I might have looked at another MH of Win's there.

:shrug:

the Dentist, Dave A owns the MH Action run from 1 to about 25 or so... the 2 is reportedly a NM+, but not sure if anyone that has ever seen it has posted here...just here say

My Amazing Fantasy 15 both before and after I slabbed it.

Then waved B'BYE! :thumbsup:

After that, I'd go with X-Men 1 and Amaz. SM 1, both which I owned...

Followed up by more recent events...two copies of Superman 75 platinum cgc 9.8, Iron Man 128 CGC 9.8 and my Avengers 187 CGC 9.9

My cherry copy of DD 168 would fall into play...but as far as AGE per dollar value, I'd stick with AF 15 at the top of that list.

I've SEEN a MORE FUN 52, but I didn't hold it.

And what was going through your mind when you had that book in your hands?

For me, it was an Incredible Hulk #1 CGC 9.0 that Harley Yee had. He just had it out front on a table with some other not so expensive stuff like a CGC Daredevil 180.

I picked that Hulk 1 up and I literally felt tingly all over. I'm guessing that book is worth about $20,000? I don't even know. I thought about asking him "how much for this one" just for the hel of it but then he'd probably put it on his wall. So instead I just stared at that book for a good 2 minutes I think.

It reminded me of when I shared an elevator with Jessica Alba once. I was thinking "Wow, this could be the most beautiful girl I'll ever see," and I was thinking about how that Hulk was the nicest book I'd ever see and touch.

How about you? Any of you ever held a Tec 27, Action 1 or other super grail and what were you thinking when you had it in your hands?

so did you touch jessica alba too ??!!!!

Thanks to CentaurMan and other boardies at the Chicago dinners, I've touched Action 1, a very high grade AA 61, Captain America 1, ...

I held Wyn's Action 2 Mile High at Chicago a few years ago :cloud9:

Win's action comics #2 is not the mile high copy!

is it? was it?

is there even a MH action #2???

B.

Hell, it might have been a MH, it might not have. I might have looked at another MH of Win's there.

:shrug:

the Dentist, Dave A owns the MH Action run from 1 to about 25 or so... the 2 is reportedly a NM+, but not sure if anyone that has ever seen it has posted here...just here say

(thumbs u

It reminded me of when I shared an elevator with Jessica Alba once. I was thinking "Wow, this could be the most beautiful girl I'll ever see," and I was thinking about how that Hulk was the nicest book I'd ever see and touch.

How about you? Any of you ever held a Tec 27, Action 1 or other super grail and what were you thinking when you had it in your hands?

so did you touch jessica alba too ??!!!!

I wish. The building I used to work at had a big entertainment law firm on the top floor so once in awhile I saw actresses there. I also saw Lisa Ling (former The View hottie) and Eva Mendes, but Jessica Alba was by far the most beautiful. Literally took my breath away.