• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Poor old 28 must get such an inferiority complex next to high-profile 27! But lots of great 28 cover have shown up today! (Are lots of people iced in today?)

Sparkle Comics 28. Sort of a snoozer, but we haven't seen much of Nancy.

sparkle28.jpg

Everybody's posting their Fantastic Four 28. See -- NORMAL! Normal collection!

ff28x.jpg

The Adventures of Peter Rabbit 28. Awwwww....

peterrabbit28.jpg

Whale ho! World Around Us 28

wau28.jpg

Jack

And my last batch for the day. A collection that took years to complete. Just found the last 2 last year. Both were issues in the 30's. Swing with Scooter issues #1-16 are quite common. But mid 20's thru #36 are tough! Especially the #30's issues.

yesterday

Scooter27.jpg

Today's 28

Scooter28.jpg

Looks like another water theme Jack. :grin:

Those are seldomly seen books! Very nice :applause:

I don't mean to be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed but posting books a day late kinda misses the point of this thread.

However, if no one else cares then I'll shut up.

Crèpe :baiting:

One day late is fine with me. It's in the spirit of the thread. We're busy otherwise.

As a habitual catcher-upper, I don't mind some late posts. I'd rather see the books than not. And I hate it when I forget to post something!

Two beauties! Sea Devils sure had great covers for a second-rate series.

Pretty sophisticated to put "diatom" on a comic book cover (#27) -- I wonder if a lot of kids learned the word from this use.

Is #28 a genuine Adler washtone cover? Looks like it might be. Sharp copy!

Jack

Yes, it's Adler. He stayed around the whole Sea Devils run and the majority of the covers are washtones, or partial washtones.

I don't mean to be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed but posting books a day late kinda misses the point of this thread.

However, if no one else cares then I'll shut up.

No problem...if it bothers you guys I won't post the days I missed from now on. Just am not able to do this everyday as I would like. :sorry:

Doesn't bother me. I like the stuff you are posting.

Another run I completed back in the 80's.

SD28.jpg

I gotta get one of those :applause:

For once, your reach does not exceed your grasp.

Jack

Listen "century club"..... :baiting: that'll be just about enough out of you.....

Another run I completed back in the 80's.

I gotta get one of those :applause:

For once, your reach does not exceed your grasp.

Jack

Listen "century club"..... :baiting: that'll be just about enough out of you.....

Heheheh -- when I have TWO, you know you can nab the top census copy with your lunch money.

Jack