• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Wow. Never realized they reused the cover to Famous Funnies #214. Cover is credited to Gil Kane. I like this gold version of the rocketship better.

MIS38.jpg

ff214.jpg

I never realized this either and FF 214 is one of my favorite covers as well as MIS being one of my favorite runs. Good catch.

Ken

38s? I got 38s:

Both you and 143 got a nice Rangers there :applause:

No Fight 38, seank?

38s -

73653.jpg

What a great Dollman cover. :golfclap:

I really am loving this thread and the incredible variety of books being shared. Nice stuff guys.

Wow. Never realized they reused the cover to Famous Funnies #214. Cover is credited to Gil Kane. I like this gold version of the rocketship better.

MIS38.jpg

ff214.jpg

I never realized this either and FF 214 is one of my favorite covers as well as MIS being one of my favorite runs. Good catch.

Ken

rocketship is like a direct rip off. Seen both of those covers before and never noticed that. Love the FF cover...Frazetta is :cloud9:

38s? I got 38s:

Both you and 143 got a nice Rangers there :applause:

No Fight 38, seank?

I do have a Fight 38, purchased from Harley Yee in great condition with dark inks like yours. But I don't have it scanned. :sorry: Maybe later today since I won't be able to post any more fights for a few days.

I do have a Fight 38, purchased from Harley Yee in great condition with dark inks like yours. But I don't have it scanned. :sorry: Maybe later today since I won't be able to post any more fights for a few days.

Liar, you have a 39, don't you? Used to be your avatar? (shrug)

Can't wait to see your Fight 38.

As for scans, I wish I had my Uncle Scrooge's scanned. I missed posting many :(

Liar, you have a 39, don't you? Used to be your avatar? (shrug)

Can't wait to see your Fight 38.

As for scans, I wish I had my Uncle Scrooge's scanned. I missed posting many :(

I stole that image from a site somewhere. No more Fights until 42 then you get the Lost Valley copy. Would like to find a 39 though (and a 31, and a 40, and a 41 and...).

No more Fights until 42 then you get the Lost Valley copy.

I think quite a few of us have a copy of 42 ... but there's only one Lost Valley copy (thumbs u

To bring the thread back on track, I grabbed and scanned a few modern 38s -

73709.jpg.d61b4cfe709ac07309839ce8d18669b8.jpg

73710.jpg.bdce1e4dec7d446ad4600c094f0a3356.jpg

73711.jpg.fad935d2783cc6f6cdf4fc8536fcb491.jpg

73712.jpg.e643461c357fcb65d28e8e9ce4976bb1.jpg

73713.jpg.1c1b981cef5194a33d63f731d62dec83.jpg

Crack Comics 38

crack380001.jpg

Daffy Duck 38

daffyduck38.jpg

Showcase 38 (probably my own copy but I'm not positive -- not a very good scan). Odd coloring of the Metal Men on this cover, especially Gold.

showcase38.jpg

T-Man 38. Last issue. Cuidera cover, as far as I know.

tman38.jpg

More later if I find time to scan.

Jack

T-Man 38. Last issue. Cuidera cover, as far as I know.

tman38.jpg

I like T-Man - probably because the same great artists who did Blackhawk draw him - but it is one of the hardest books I have seen to find in higher grades, regardless of the issue.