• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

MIS39.jpg

Interesting how similar this cover is to MiS #38 (the Famous Funnies #214 swipe) and MiS #34. The "planet Earth in peril" cover theme was one of DC's big sellers, like purple covers and gorillas.

Jack

Most MIS's in the 40's have planet earth on them. Someone must have concluded that it sold books!

73753.jpg

The quintessential Scrooge cover -- native hottie in flowered dress pouring gold coins on her ample chest, octopus, etc. Have you considered chasing after one of the top copies of this book?

Jack

You know me better than that. I have a presentable copy so it's a check next to that box. Too many boxes to check and too few $$. I'll let others chase high grade copies. Me, I've got a ways to go before I have all the Heath Atlas War covers ...

The quintessential Scrooge cover -- native hottie in flowered dress pouring gold coins on her ample chest, octopus, etc. Have you considered chasing after one of the top copies of this book?

Jack

You know me better than that. I have a presentable copy so it's a check next to that box. Too many boxes to check and too few $$. I'll let others chase high grade copies. Me, I've got a ways to go before I have all the Heath Atlas War covers ...

True, that wouldn't be your style. If any cover made you break your rule, seems like this would be the one.

Jack

True, that wouldn't be your style. If any cover made you break your rule, seems like this would be the one.

Jack

On Day 63, I'll be showing the ONE book I would love to have a high(er) grade copy (thumbs u

Also, yes, T-Man went into reprint mode for the last few issues.

T-Man 38. Last issue. Cuidera cover, as far as I know.

tman38.jpg

I like T-Man - probably because the same great artists who did Blackhawk draw him - but it is one of the hardest books I have seen to find in higher grades, regardless of the issue.

Is this a reprint of #14 or are these Bavarians a constant cause for trouble???

tman14.jpg

Good eye!

They're both at the Golden Age UK site, and 38 reprints the story from 14.

But you're right -- once those Bavarians finish their second liter of Weißbier at breakfast, nothing but trouble. :D

Jack

Thanks for looking into this. Now I need to get me a #38...

And one of these. Yum.

wb1.jpg

Nice cover. Thanks for posting all those RR books everyday. (thumbs u

Thanks, I'm trying. Still so many I don't have. :(

Yeah, the Harvey covers posted here led me to pick up a few Early silver harveys this weekend, I am really starting to appreciate them!

:banana:

Just stay away from Richie Rich. :sumo:;)

Doll Man 39

73776.jpg

Omigosh, that strikes me as an unintentionally funny cover!

Doll Man with his cape flapping, leaping in the window (from where?) on the back of a cross-eyed dog, the woman in the chair turning with a major WTF? expression on her face, the bald crook missing a shot at the dog from no more than 4 feet away, his buddy's hat taking up about 20% of the cover, and the narcotics skull looking like a poster on the wall. What a hoot!

Is it really Cuidera? Major assist from Nicholas maybe?

Jack