• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

:o I don't have any 41's! Just a beat up Aquaman that I'm not even going to post.

Guess I'll see everyone tomorrow... :sorry:

Stick around dude. Darn..I should have pulled my Aquaman 41 for ya. :whistle:

Well anyhoo I'm spectatin' the rest of the day. It's pouring Cats n Dogs outside. Or rats and frogs. No Dodos and Frogs that's it. :popcorn:

Metal Men!!

MM41.jpg

Wow! Those "human Metal Men" issues don't show up very often (in my experience), especially in primo condition like this.

Maybe because it was a bad idea to take the distinctive aspect of the series and throw it away?

Jack

Those WAR covers are alot grittier than the DC war comics of the same period. Is he about to slice that guys neck?

I believe he's grasping at his straps but it sure looks like he is about slash him. There is another cover with a clear throat slash move though :grin:

Those WAR covers are alot grittier than the DC war comics of the same period. Is he about to slice that guys neck?

I believe he's grasping at his straps but it sure looks like he is about slash him. There is another cover with a clear throat slash move though :grin:

he's in the first stage of giving that guy a russian necktie.

:o I don't have any 41's! Just a beat up Aquaman that I'm not even going to post.

Guess I'll see everyone tomorrow... :sorry:

:sumo: Post it. I never shy posting my beaters.

Hah! I have no choice.

Here are a few # 41s -

73831.jpg

Did we just see that cover on a #440 -- or was it the Archie thread?

I think the gag got used at least 2 covers a year for a decade. Maybe more if you consider how many publishers were producing teen humor.

Jack