• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Jack? Was it you that said the Metal Men from the 70's Bronze era were hard to get High Grade? I just discovered my 70's Metal Men collection again and they all look like this.

My comment was probably that some issues in the 40s and 50s tend to be badly miscut or miswrapped. I don't remember what my 49 looks like, but yours looks perfect.

Jack

I'll look 'em over again and see if any are off center. :wishluck:

Very short on scanned 49s here!

Scrooge, did you skip your Fight Comics 49? Here's the uranium splash that you kindly posted a while back.

Fight49UraniumSplash.jpg

I'll look for covers later.

Jack

Nope, it's posted. Here it is again closer to the splash. We've now entered the Tiger Girl covers run. This will stay like this until the covers turn to a War theme late in the run but I don't collect those ... -

74306.jpg

Ok - back from a week of sunshine in Phoenix - looks like Kubert's Koraks were posted while I was away so I won't bore anyone with repeats. Instead one of my favorite Grell covers from his run on Green Arrow:

GreenArrow49.jpg

I have a couple more I will share before his run ends at #79.

And another Strange Sports try-out!

BB49.jpg

This seems to be the scarcest of the run...or maybe people are hoarding it due to the gorilla.

Guess JohnT and me are the only ones with love for Aquaman. :cloud9:

I love all the books you've been posting every day Seadevils - thanks! :applause:

:frustrated: