• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

a DC "bubble" cover:

ll50.jpg

The classic Lois Lane cover! Oddball details everywhere.

Lana's goo-goo eyes get me every time.

Jack

Schaffenburger is pretty under rated, a very good artist.

Sorry, this link won't embed.

I'm embarrassed to show my meager 50s after this morning's display.

Raccoon Kids 50

raccoon50.jpg

Adventures of Jerry Lewis 50.

jerry50.jpg

Showcase 50 -- at least I think this is a scan of my own copy, already blown out of the water by the two (?) already posted.

showcase50.jpg

Does anyone have a primo copy of My Romantic Adventure 50 or Four Color 50 (classic Kelly Fairy Tale Parade)?

Jack

c50.jpg

I'm enjoying your oversized books, but this one is really "WOW!"

Is it scarcer than the rest? All reprints or some original work? Wonderful Sheldon Meyer cover -- I really like the floating heads on the left, even though I'm not usually a fan of breaking up the cover like that. I guess it works better when the cover's so big. Winky and Blinky make me chuckle -- are they continuing characters in the Rudolph stories?

Jack

I don't know if it is any scarcer than others, although I imagine finding high grade copies are not easy. I *think* these are new stories. I wrote a index of Rudolph books that was published in CBM 88 that says if this is a reprint or not, I would have to dig that out to remember for sure.

Winky and Blinky were continuing characters in DC's Rudolph series.

Well, it's been a while since I posted more than one - so here's two 50's that I like:

Princess Python:

IronMan50.jpg

and Polaris:

Xmen50.jpg

And remember, today was brought to you by the letter P and the number 50.

L

TOP25005.jpg

What a beautiful copy of this classic issue!!!

The #50 has brought out a lot of post today. It is great to see all these various books, but I do have to admit, I am enjoying the humor comics much more than I ever thought I would.

This is one of my VCC purchases and hasn't arrived yet, but DD 50 is a special issue for me. When my brother and I were kids, we lived in Hawaii in 1976 for six months. Every Saturday we'd go to the local swap meet and buy comics from this one dealer that always set up there. One weekend I found a Daredevil 50 and for a long long time it was the earliest Daredevil I owned. I thought it was pretty darn cool to have such an early issue. Now that I've decided to go ahead with completing a Daredevil run (again, sold the first 20+ years ago), it's fitting that 50 is one of the first books I go after.

DD50sale.jpg

TOP25005.jpg

What a beautiful copy of this classic issue!!!

The #50 has brought out a lot of post today. It is great to see all these various books, but I do have to admit, I am enjoying the humor comics much more than I ever thought I would.

such a classic, have to get me a copy of that. Archie's line of vision just makes it that much better.