• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Another Ha Ha!

HaHa51.jpg

Nice one!

There can't be many Washington's Birthday covers out there! Only two days off from the (traditional) holiday, Feb 22.

I brightened it so I could see some detail. My monitor is too dark for your photos even on maximum brightness.

Jack

74423.jpg.80ec4d189e37d256634d90398fe1a895.jpg

I sleep in for a couple of hours and most of my 51's are already posted! Oh well, saves me some scanning. lol

I love this cover by one of my favorite underappreciated artists, Howard Purcell. Great details on the monster and the water.

BB51.jpg

I sleep in for a couple of hours and most of my 51's are already posted! Oh well, saves me some scanning. lol

I love this cover by one of my favorite underappreciated artists, Howard Purcell. Great details on the monster and the water.

BB51.jpg

I always liked that one too. The coloring is rally great.

Another Ha Ha!

HaHa51.jpg

Nice one!

There can't be many Washington's Birthday covers out there! Only two days off from the (traditional) holiday, Feb 22.

I brightened it so I could see some detail. My monitor is too dark for your photos even on maximum brightness.

Jack

very cool & Unusual. And a creepy Washington too!

Another Ha Ha!

HaHa51.jpg

Nice one!

Jack

Someone else a while back said my images were too dark. They all look fine on my PC. Anyone else having the problem? Do I need to brighten my images more?

Not as lucky a hit right on Washington's Birthday as that one book had a VD cover on Valentine's Day.

BB51.jpg

Such a fun series pre-Batmania!

I like Purcell covers too. Sometimes he reminds me a little of Ditko (on some Sea Devils, if I remember right), apparently because they were both influenced by Meskin.

Nice copy!

Jack

Someone else a while back said my images were too dark. They all look fine on my PC. Anyone else having the problem? Do I need to brighten my images more?

They are a tad dark. I wouldn't have mentioned it, but since you guys are talking about it, yeah.

I know the problem is at least partially on my end -- the images are much brighter on my laptop display than my desktop monitor. The edited image I attached probably looks washed out to you.

Jack