• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Hey Jack, I don't think your copy of WW is faded necessarily, I believe It may have missed a run through the cyan printing plate.

You're probably right. I tried to diddle with the scan color levels to make it look normal just for fun, and couldn't. Nary a trace of cyan. Is the pinkish color of WW's trunks and the woman at right foreground about the right color to add to cyan for the classic bright blue?

A TRUE COLLECTOR'S ITEM! ONLY 10X GUIDE! Don't miss your chance to own this scarce variant!

Jack

Here's my Fight #53

fight53.jpg

Outstanding :applause:

Your Tiger Girl only has one foot those, mine's got 2 lol

This is the reason why I laugh when people try and figure if a book was trimmed from scans. Neither of our books were trimmed but with most Fiction House, the printing presses were so bad that most were not cut the same originally. Forget about "typical" dimensions ...

74559.jpg

... and our daily dose of Fight -

74559.jpg

What the heck is wrong with today's Fight?

GCD:

Iger Shop (Tiger Girl); Joe Doolin (man & elephant) (Pencils) Iger Shop (Tiger Girl); Joe Doolin (man & elephant) (Inks) ? (Colors) ? (Letters)

Aha! Very clumsy Tiger Girl (in my opinion) compared to the other issues we've seen -- especially the legs. Her left leg looks crippled. She'd fall right over!

Unlike some of the bright examples you've posted lately, this one seems to have the classic Fiction House selective ink fading too.

Still a copy that I'd be glad to have!

Jack

hm I was thinking the exact opposite...that this was a particularly sexy picture of Tiger Girl!

Seems almost like he was trying to emulate Matt Baker's style and didn't quite succeed:

phantomlady.jpg

Excellent comparison! And look how "Iger Shop" hid her toes so he didn't have to draw them. The ankles and feet are especially ungraceful, to my eyes.

Jack

:gossip: I'm not a foot man.

Ya beat me to that sweet Avengers cover, Scrooge. Most of what I can contribute is SA, but I'll throw a surprise in once in a while. Sorta like the 2nd cover in this post.

2znraqg.jpg

Thanks for the CHEAP peek. Glad you joined in.

Where's PokerKid to start us on the # 54?

No Airboy today :( Particularly painful since it's a great cover with unusual color but I've never seen a copy for sale that I can recall ...

As a matter of fact, I only have the Fight to show ...

74662.jpg.cfc41f79de3475309b069fa10e92fe9f.jpg