• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

GR54.jpg

Great scene on this one. I love the 50s themes: the school sweater, the juke box, and hanging out at the soda bar.

Mystery in Space 54. That must be my own copy, looking at the bottom edge.

MIS54.jpg

Jack

hm I think it's yours. I think I sold it to you.

That's right -- just last year. You remember the ragged bottom edge of every comic you've owned? Extraordinary! (But where did I set that cup of coffee...?)

Jack

Good morning & happy day 54:

Another Grell cover I like from his Green Arrow run:

Greenarrow54.jpg

I have one last one of these at the end of the week - & my favorite of the run.

Till tomorrow.

And to finish off my 50's ensemble...

MrDA54.jpg

My copy is embarrassed.

GR54.jpg

HAW! Is she panicking because she's on a date with Mister Grabby, or over Phil's red-from-head-to-toe outfit?

Last issue before the Silver-age begins...

HoM54.jpg

Gorgeous. Mister Pumpkinhead has sort of a shiverbones (make that mardibones this week) look, doesn't he?

Those Overstreet starting points don't make an ounce of sense to me. Every comic book series didn't jump into the Silver Age on the same day. How is #54 different from #53?

Do you put any credence in them?

Jack

Mystery in Space 54. That must be my own copy, looking at the bottom edge.

MIS54.jpg

Jack

hm I think it's yours. I think I sold it to you.

That's right -- just last year. You remember the ragged bottom edge of every comic you've owned? Extraordinary! (But where did I set that cup of coffee...?)

Jack

Nah, just the Mystery in Space's. That's a pretty key issue (2nd Adam) but the defect bugged my for years until I got an upgrade. I'm trying to complete the run in Fine or higher. (Which means I'll need to upgrade again!)

(I don't forget where I put my coffee...I forget that I made some coffee and poured myself a cup.)