• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

55! accompanied by some 80s Cheeze Rock

What child could resist this dully colored scene of an old man and a child staring at them from the news stand? Probably every single one. Classics Illustrated 55, Silas Marner, HRN 130. What a snoozer.

classics55.jpg

That's all I can find that hasn't already had a better copy posted! Are you guys going to rescind my membership? *CHOKE*

Jack

What child could resist this dully colored scene of an old man and a child staring at them from the news stand? Probably every single one. Classics Illustrated 55, Silas Marner, HRN 130. What a snoozer.

classics55.jpg

That's all I can find that hasn't already had a better copy posted! Are you guys going to rescind my membership? *CHOKE*

Jack

This ain't a competition, and if it was, I lost to you weeks ago. Bring on da books.

And if you knew he was looking at that child with hunger in his eyes just before he stuck him in the fireplace to cook up for his dinner, you wouldn't think it was such a boring cover. (I gotta stop reading those ECs)

and then the last issue of one of my favorite reads for a modern - a little silly at times, but fun all around:

YoungJustice55.jpg

till another day.

Unusual -- a "reverse-angle Pietà" cover, and not even drawn that way for an cheap butt-shot. There must be dozens of "front Pietà" covers, but this is the only back one I can think of.

I'm accumulating this series from cheapo bins. I've enjoyed what I've read of it.

Jack

classics55.jpg

Jack

This ain't a competition. Bring on da books.

Good thing it isn't today.

I'll do better tomorrow -- I promise!

And if you knew he was looking at that child with hunger in his eyes just before he stuck him in the fireplace to cook up for his dinner, you wouldn't think it was such a boring cover. (I gotta stop reading those ECs)

My enjoyment of this cover has just risen by an order of magnitude.

If I ever sell it on ebay I now have a header -- CANNIBAL COVER!

Jack

If I ever sell it on ebay I now have a header -- CANNIBAL COVER!

Nah! You should point the terrible and aborted still life on the table with the candle and the two apples. The artist probably had a BBQ to go to and dedicated 10 minutes to the cover. :sick:

55 indeed turned out to be a great day so far. Loved Mica's Funny book, the Nancy? - Nancy! cover is fantastic plus today it dawned on me that SeaDevils / Silver / JohnT are all irremediably it seems DC guys ... which is good for this Marvel zombie since I see new books everyday. The winner though still remains Comick's helmet cover - WOW!

Well, I guess no one is going to oblige me so I have to take matters into my own hands. :sumo:This is not my copy, but it is currently up for sale in the forum sales section.

I hoped no one would be me to the punch, Jeffro....it was only by a few minutes. Plus I am the proud owner of that copy.

BTW...who has that 8.5 for sale?

Well, I guess no one is going to oblige me so I have to take matters into my own hands. :sumo:This is not my copy, but it is currently up for sale in the forum sales section.

I hoped no one would be me to the punch, Jeffro....it was only by a few minutes. Plus I am the proud owner of that copy.

BTW...who has that 8.5 for sale?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2965531#Post2965531

And thanks for posting your sweet copy. (worship)

SH55.jpg

Dang it! Just realized I have a copy of # 47 and missed the day. Oh well.

I know your not much for back posting Jeffro...but go ahead and show it... :popcorn:

Guess I shouldn't have been so anal about that. :tonofbricks: And it was 42 not 47 doh!

th_SecretHearts42front.jpg

I know your not much for back posting Jeffro...but go ahead and show it... :popcorn:

Guess I shouldn't have been so anal about that. :tonofbricks: And it was 42 not 47 doh!

th_SecretHearts42front.jpg

I'm glad you were cajoled into it. Great copy, striking color scheme w/ the huge pink and green areas. Huge eyes on the lady! I'm a lousy art-spotter, but could that be Andru? It reminds me of his Wonder Woman and Platinum faces.

Jack