• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Jack or Scrooge. Whomever...I think yours looked better'en mine....

MuttJeff56.jpg

It was Scrooge, but it could have been me since I have this issue too. Both of yours look better than mine. Is this issue more common than the ones around it? Warehouse find or something?

It has a chemist gag according to my notes, but I failed to scan the page.

Jack

img391.jpg

Can anyone tell me if the movie "The D.I." lifted it's classic training scene from the Sand Fleas story in here?

Marines in training are supposed by be still, but one slaps at his face and his drill sergeant isn't too happy.

TSgt Moore: Private Owens! Was the sand flea you killed male or female?

Pvt. Owens: Male, sir!

TSgt Moore: Then this ain't it. Keep looking.

56 - looks like the beginning of the FF's I have scanned.

The Klaw:

and a beater Green Lantern:

GreenLantern56.jpg

I guess that's all till tomorrow.

L

Always liked the Marvel FF Thing clone (in Pink-Tones) on this cover. Looks like Ben Grim is all embarrased.... lol

I'd like to get a few more of these...

Judy56.jpg

Wow!! JohnT...where'd you dig this beaut up at? I have over half of the Date with Judy's but it's an overall low grade collection. That's how I picked it up. Pretty much all from the same collection. Nice copy!!! :cloud9:

Thanks Seadevils, I believe I got this at a hole-in-the-wall LCS back in the 80's. I used to go through all their boxes searching for obscure old stuff...which unfortunately there wasn't much of. Probably paid a buck of two for it!

Well....running late today...and Silver posted last night!! Dang!! Looks like most of my barrage has allready been shown today as well. Well...hech...I'm gonna show 'em again anyhow...Even though some of mine are pretty shabby!!!

King of the Seas. Final issue of the original run before the reprisal.

Aquaman56.jpg

:cry: