• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

my insignificant contribution for the day

Now, cut that out!

I'm enjoying your Y the last man, Preacher, etc. All part of the variety -- that's why the thread is in General, right?

Jack

Yes! And I agree on the Preachers, been some really cool covers I haven't seen before.

Not everyone has a full run of Action to share, and if they did, would we want to see multiple copies of the same thing over and over? Ummm, no. Less than two months into this thread and 5,000 posts already...VIVA LA VARIETY!

my insignificant contribution for the day

Now, cut that out!

I'm enjoying your Y the last man, Preacher, etc. All part of the variety -- that's why the thread is in General, right?

Jack

So what's Preacher about? Seems to be popular.

John, the old guy

Kneel before Zog...ZOG!

JIM_56.jpg

(worship) Zog, the Unbelievable!

Question. Who named these Marvel monsters? I don't mean what creator named them. I mean in the stories, why is it that these monsters always have names? How come when one of these guys springs out of an iceberg, or out of a mountain, they come with a moniker attached.

John, the DC fan

Well, the monster's name is usually revealed by one of the following:

1) If its an intelligent monster (alien, underground race, microscopic world, etc.) they will promptly tell us their name when they first appear.

2) If they are a true beastie (cant talk) they are usually named by some local naitive after a legendary god or monster.

3) If the monster is brought back to life or awakened out of a centuries of slumber, a scroll or some ancient artifact will reveal the monsters name

4) The scientist who creates the creature will sometimes name the creatues (quite rare).

So there you have it. In the case of Zog, he was an alien who told us his name.

Bill

Thank you, Bill, for that very informative answer! I feel much better.

If these Atlas's weren't do doggoned expensive I could see myself getting hooked on them. I just love the hyperbole of the covers, and the art is great, of course.

Cool Romance cover!!

GL56.jpg

A bathing beauty in a flowered sarong! :luhv: