• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Found a couple more 66's I had photographed...

SwampThing66.jpg

Nice one that I've never seen!

As long as I'm still screwing around on-line after midnight, here are my scanned 67s.

Captain Marvel Adventures 67 -- a beater, but such a goofy cover!

captmarv67.jpg

Here's the back since I have it handy and like the ad.

captmarvl67b.jpg

Crime Does Not Pay 67 with a cool Biro cover -- unusual coloring.

crimedoesnotpay67.jpg

Four Color 67, Oswald the Rabbit. Recent acquisition -- I'm really enjoying these early FC funny animal books.

FC67Oswald.jpg

Superboy 67

superboy670001.jpg

Jack

OK - so I promissed to make up for yesterday when I finally got to 67:

FF - A cover I've always liked, I used to have a good run of 48 through 100, but no longer.

FF67.jpg

Ghost Rider - I know I ended up with a bunch of these from a mass purchase. A young man passed away and his father was trying to get the best $$$ for his collection - a lot of bronze stuff, so he commissioned it through a used book store and I bought a lot of books from it before the got all banged up by little fingers, mostly $1 books but a couple of minor keys too.

GHostrider67.jpg

OK so this is where it gets odd - I suppose by now everyone knows my current collecting focus is on the checkerboard DC books of '66 & '67 - but I realized I have three number 67s. So I changed how my want list was assembled to see if that was the most I could have of a single # from different DC checkerboard books and not only is 3 not an unusual number it isn't even close to the most I could have. But, it is all the 67s on my want list.

1st: The Brave & the Bold - Bruce & Barry:

bb67.jpg

2nd: Showcase! - Bwana Beast - I still think there should be a DC/Marvel crossover like the Spiderman/Superman books with Bwana Beast & Black Panther. Yeah - I'd buy that.

showcase67.jpg

3rd: Lois (she's sooo sexy) Lane:

LoisLane67.jpg

day 67 is pretty darn cool in my book.

Lee

Didn't remember I had a non-DC 66 until I saw Adam's copy of this. So here's mine.

cnp66.jpg

is that Toth?

A Toth FEAST every step of the way. One of the best things he EVER did (and that's saying a lot). It's one of the few non-DCs I own, this Toth piece-de-resistance.

OK - so I promissed to make up for yesterday when I finally got to 67:

OK so this is where it gets odd - I suppose by now everyone knows my current collecting focus is on the checkerboard DC books of '66 & '67 - but I realized I have three number 67s. So I changed how my want list was assembled to see if that was the most I could have of a single # from different DC checkerboard books and not only is 3 not an unusual number it isn't even close to the most I could have. But, it is all the 67s on my want list.

1st: The Brave & the Bold - Bruce & Barry:

bb67.jpg

2nd: Showcase! - Bwana Beast - I still think there should be a DC/Marvel crossover like the Spiderman/Superman books with Bwana Beast & Black Panther. Yeah - I'd buy that.

showcase67.jpg

3rd: Lois (she's sooo sexy) Lane:

LoisLane67.jpg

day 67 is pretty darn cool in my book.

Lee

There's a lot of Go Go checked books Lee. I have most of them myself. Still need probably some War & Romance issues to complete them. Figure any DC title that ran in that '66 to '67 era had at least 6 or 7 Go Go covers and as many as 12 for the monthlys. I used to notate the Go Go's on my checklist as I entered them among other notable interest points. If I had mine updated I could pull a querey and list them all.

Cool format to collect Lee. Hope you get them all.