• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

it's midnight somewhere out there... so another Carl Barks copy of this WDCS

3295999734_b6ae4fae70_o.jpg

Always love the Duck Shiverbones... Darn..I need to find my Duck collection. I haven't come across the box yet.

OK - so I promissed to make up for yesterday when I finally got to 67:

OK so this is where it gets odd - I suppose by now everyone knows my current collecting focus is on the checkerboard DC books of '66 & '67 - but I realized I have three number 67s. So I changed how my want list was assembled to see if that was the most I could have of a single # from different DC checkerboard books and not only is 3 not an unusual number it isn't even close to the most I could have. But, it is all the 67s on my want list.

1st: The Brave & the Bold - Bruce & Barry:

bb67.jpg

2nd: Showcase! - Bwana Beast - I still think there should be a DC/Marvel crossover like the Spiderman/Superman books with Bwana Beast & Black Panther. Yeah - I'd buy that.

showcase67.jpg

3rd: Lois (she's sooo sexy) Lane:

LoisLane67.jpg

day 67 is pretty darn cool in my book.

Lee

There's a lot of Go Go checked books Lee. I have most of them myself. Still need probably some War & Romance issues to complete them. Figure any DC title that ran in that '66 to '67 era had at least 6 or 7 Go Go covers and as many as 12 for the monthlys. I used to notate the Go Go's on my checklist as I entered them among other notable interest points. If I had mine updated I could pull a querey and list them all.

Cool format to collect Lee. Hope you get them all.

I think my list is fairly complete - yes all books from early 66 to middle 67. I don't know the exact numbers for Sugar & Spike, Swing with Scooter, or Blackhawk. The first two because of how scarce the info on them is and the latter because I can't find any images uploaded. I know swing starts with #1, but I'm not certain where it ends, the Sugar I'm sure of is 65, and Blackhawk run is from about 217 to about 228. It'll take me forever - but it'll be fun and keeps me focussed.

OK - so I promissed to make up for yesterday when I finally got to 67:

OK so this is where it gets odd - I suppose by now everyone knows my current collecting focus is on the checkerboard DC books of '66 & '67 - but I realized I have three number 67s. So I changed how my want list was assembled to see if that was the most I could have of a single # from different DC checkerboard books and not only is 3 not an unusual number it isn't even close to the most I could have. But, it is all the 67s on my want list.

1st: The Brave & the Bold - Bruce & Barry:

bb67.jpg

2nd: Showcase! - Bwana Beast - I still think there should be a DC/Marvel crossover like the Spiderman/Superman books with Bwana Beast & Black Panther. Yeah - I'd buy that.

showcase67.jpg

3rd: Lois (she's sooo sexy) Lane:

LoisLane67.jpg

day 67 is pretty darn cool in my book.

Lee

There's a lot of Go Go checked books Lee. I have most of them myself. Still need probably some War & Romance issues to complete them. Figure any DC title that ran in that '66 to '67 era had at least 6 or 7 Go Go covers and as many as 12 for the monthlys. I used to notate the Go Go's on my checklist as I entered them among other notable interest points. If I had mine updated I could pull a querey and list them all.

Cool format to collect Lee. Hope you get them all.

I think my list is fairly complete - yes all books from early 66 to middle 67. I don't know the exact numbers for Sugar & Spike, Swing with Scooter, or Blackhawk. The first two because of how scarce the info on them is and the latter because I can't find any images uploaded. I know swing starts with #1, but I'm not certain where it ends, the Sugar I'm sure of is 65, and Blackhawk run is from about 217 to about 228. It'll take me forever - but it'll be fun and keeps me focussed.

Here's all the covers for all of them...

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/database/comic-details.php?comicid=5737

Nice books, guys. :applause:

SA067-RC.jpg

I always get a laugh out of this cover -- the idea of a "Science Fans Masquerade Party", wondering how they thought the Martian managed the three-fingered hands, and the blonde Science Fan giving the Martian the eye.

In fact, this title probably had more science-oriented stories, many by Gardner Fox, than any other DC title. My new #17 is even better than I expected -- I should pick up some more.

Jack