• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Missed posting my mystery in Space #69 yesterday and it's one of my favorite covers of the run.

Nice books you have been posting. If you can post some larger scans, it would be great. Are your books original owner or have you just collected high grade copies?

Ken

I just recently signed up for a Photobucket account and posted 300 dpi images of my copies of SHOWCASE #18 and #19 in the Silver Comics Forum under the topic: Show us your 10-centers! My SHOWCASE #17 is only in VG condition and has some color touch, so I didn't bother scanning it. Take a look and let me know what you think of the issues I posted. The SHOWCASE #18 was recently purchased because I thought it looked a little better than the copy I've owned for a long time.

The MYSTERY IN SPACE issues I have been posting were purchased as back issues about 40 years ago. I didn't start buying MIS off the stands until the 12 cent issues were published. The Bronze Age books were bought off the stands for the most part, but some were also bought as back issues at .50 to $1.00 prices [some of them still have price stickers on them].

Tony D.

my favorite planet cover! :applause:

It would be my favorite of them when considering just the original art -- the line work, pose and design are wonderful.

Missed posting my mystery in Space #69 yesterday and it's one of my favorite covers of the run.

Nice books you have been posting. If you can post some larger scans, it would be great. Are your books original owner or have you just collected high grade copies?

Ken

I just recently signed up for a Photobucket account and posted 300 dpi images of my copies of SHOWCASE #18 and #19 in the Silver Comics Forum under the topic: Show us your 10-centers! My SHOWCASE #17 is only in VG condition and has some color touch, so I didn't bother scanning it. Take a look and let me know what you think of the issues I posted. The SHOWCASE #18 was recently purchased because I thought it looked a little better than the copy I've owned for a long time.

The MYSTERY IN SPACE issues I have been posting were purchased as back issues about 40 years ago. I didn't start buying MIS off the stands until the 12 cent issues were published. The Bronze Age books were bought off the stands for the most part, but some were also bought as back issues at .50 to $1.00 prices [some of them still have price stickers on them].

Tony D.

Just looked at your books - very nice indeed. Please make use of the Photobucket account and post more covers from your collection!

It would be my favorite of them when considering just the original art -- the line work, pose and design are wonderful.

My favorite Planet as well and a stunning copy I might add. Here's my 71 for today.

Ken

stradv71.jpg

Not just my favorite Planet, my favorite comic cover...period! And a beautiful copy to boot! :cloud9:

the thing about that cover, is the little details on the suit. The gear, the bunching of fabric, it's all SO much ahead of it's time. A lot of it looks like Dave Stevens in it's minute attention to detail. And the aliens are an incredible relic of the pulp age.

Not near as nice as John T's copy....... .here's my MIS....This is one collection I'm going to upgrade as a priority...

MysteryInSpace71.jpg

Doesn't look that bad. 10-centers are allowed to have a little wear--unless you're Inaflash, Adamstrange, Zzutak, Silver, Comick1, or AtlasFan.

Probably skipped someone there...sorry!

gic72.jpg

oaaw72.jpg

More beautiful war books!

Hey Mick, what can you tell us about the stamp that's on some of your books? Magnum Sporting Goods, Salida Colo.