• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

when I was completing the Jimmy Olsen run this was the last issue I needed:

I think I've asked this before, but how many Superboys and Lois's do you need?

4 Superboy's and 5 Lois's

Wow, that's very close.

What would you do next?

Man, I don't have much in the 70's. I could post some of the Bronze stuff, but Seadevils has those covered. I'll have more when we get into the 80's...

Oh well, today's MIS installment!

MIS73.jpg

Sweeeettt!! I do not even dare show my copy today...

hm I was thinking I need an upgrade.

On the MIS's I would like to have a really nice set. But first I've got to get the issues I'm missing.

Pitiful example of such an awesome Aquaman cover. I definately want a HG of this one. Some of you have mentioned that my showing so many books has increased your wantlists a bit. After reviewing my collection thus far myself...I must say that many of my books are going on my wantlist of upgrades.

BraveBold73.jpg

One of the things I liked about the pre-Batman crossovers in B&B was you saw new artists on different characters. This was probably one of Infantino's only drawings of Aquaman.

GROTTU...King of the Ants!

ST_73.jpg

Giant radioactive spider(man) prototype...Ok, it is a bit of a stretch calling this a Spidey prototype -- but it does contain a radioactive spider. The story is very similar to the classic film TARANTULA.

JIM_73.jpg

ST_73.jpg

Beautiful book, ridiculous dialogue!

"He sees us!" Yeah...he's four feet away from you, of course he sees you. Less talk, more fleeing.

Nearing the end...Jack frequently mentions wanting to like this series...I love it myself. This led to a couple other cool series like All-Star Squadron and one of my faves from the 80's....Infinity Inc. I never even bother to pull out my Infinity collection to shoot. Wasn't on a roll early on as I've been lately.

AllStarComics73.jpg

HELLO! One for my want list I didn't know about. I knew this would pay off.

With all the great books everyone is putting up, I was bound to find a few. This is the second one I didn't know about so far, and a big help.

73 definately isn't my day - a couple of modern I like.

JLA - I love how you know it's the heros because their costumes are non-biodegradable...

JLA73.jpg

and the beginning of a really cool run of portrait covers for JSA - I'll run all of them over the next 10 or 12 days - just to share with those of you that never look at a modern book:

JSA73.jpg

Have a great weekend

Lee

jo73.jpg

That's kinda perplexing. You have to have one of the nicest runs of those in existence and it was a 12¢ issue that eluded you the most??? Those 10¢ issues you have are WAYYYY harder to get than the 12¢ers, aren't they?

ST_73.jpg

Beautiful book, ridiculous dialogue!

"He sees us!" Yeah...he's four feet away from you, of course he sees you. Less talk, more fleeing.

Ahh, c'mon - I love the dialogue. I'm sure everyone talked like that before I was born.

What I like about the image is that the artist took two unrelated images - probably drawn separately and superimposed them. How do you know? The giant ant has a shadow - but only on his own body, not anywhere on the ground or the awning...even if it was thrown together it works - the composition is strong and the word bubbles don't destroy the image.

Still a sweet book that I wouldn't mind having in my collection.

Pitiful example of such an awesome Aquaman cover. I definately want a HG of this one. Some of you have mentioned that my showing so many books has increased your wantlists a bit. After reviewing my collection thus far myself...I must say that many of my books are going on my wantlist of upgrades.

BraveBold73.jpg

yeah - I was watching a high-grade copy of this at one of the auction sites a couple months ago in case I could sweep in a pick it up for a deal, but it went off in to the land of the rediculous prices - and the book isn't even on my want list. I just like the character combo & art.

Lee

gw73.jpg

Love this cover! Kind of a Western/sci-fi crossover.

Likewise, John. Wish I still had it (was a scan I still had). Had to flip it with some others to raise a bit of DC war awhile back. Wish I could keep 'em all!!!!

That's a sci-fi one along with the Rawhide Kid 22, KKO 107, and the TGK 58 which are more like monster books (though the TGK has a buffalo disguised as an alien as I recall). All great books. Kirby covers on all. Kirby interiors on RK 22 and TGK 58.

Yowza!!! :whistle:

And I'm fortunate to have a sweet copy of this babe!!!

GreenLantern73.jpg

yes you are and I am unfortunate not to - Gil Kane sure could draw curves.

Truthfully I always liked that shade of screaming pink that was used in backgrounds & smoke on some of the DCs of the era.

Nearing the end...Jack frequently mentions wanting to like this series...I love it myself. This led to a couple other cool series like All-Star Squadron and one of my faves from the 80's....Infinity Inc. I never even bother to pull out my Infinity collection to shoot. Wasn't on a roll early on as I've been lately.

AllStarComics73.jpg

HELLO! One for my want list I didn't know about. I knew this would pay off.

With all the great books everyone is putting up, I was bound to find a few. This is the second one I didn't know about so far, and a big help.

Glad I could help out PokerKid. Makes my posting all these books worthwhile...

I cannot believe I overlooked this beaut yesterday..And such a sweet copy..

Showcase72.jpg

Never noticed that that was a Heath cover. Funny thing is that the guys chaps in the foreground keyed it off (as opposed to the more obvious crosshatching on JT). Nobody drew chaps like Heath. There's probably some correlation between his penchant for chaps and his stint on Little Annie Fanny. All kinds of possibilities there.

GCD says it has Toth, Kubert, and Infantino reprints inside. Cool throwback to some earlier stuff.

I think I've asked this before, but how many Superboys and Lois's do you need?

4 Superboy's and 5 Lois's

Silver....which Lois's do you need?

2,3,20,26 and 30

MIssed this one yesterday. Tarzan #71

Tarzan71.jpg

That's one nasty pack of lemurs.

Those are not lemurs, they are lemmings. Geez. :insane:

lol