• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

ll73.jpg

I'm not sure this is really wholesome entertainment for the kiddies.

A lot of those are Mohawk Valley copies that came from Jim Payette about 10-12 years back. He had a number of Mohawks in his catalog hovering around the VF range and I just couldn't resist. This one was a Mohawk.

They ARE tough in grade. Some came from a nice collection of westerns from the Pacific NW about the same time, and some are just piecemeal copies I scored over the years. Waaaaayyyyy cheaper to score than the superheroes or even the war books and containing some of the same great artists to boot (pun intended).

[quote=Comick1

w73.jpg

Man..I'da loved to have seen this scene in an old 50's/60's TV western..like Gunsmoke...Bonanza....Have Gun Will Travel, etc..... Tell us more about where these Western comics you scored came from. I have never seen such awesome examples. My DC 50's Westerns are low to mid grade. I pick up the Hoppies, All-Star Westerns, Western Comics...I do have a nice #1 Western. Awesome books man.

Probably the least of the covers of the last 8 issues, but the best interior. Every story is good with an outstanding one by Bill Benulis, who worked mostly in the 50s.

Planet73-1.jpg

In honor of finishing the last of the set, here's a group shot of my favorite Planets.

PlanetSetSm-1.jpg

Don't own this one, but wish I did.

From the CGC Gallery:

MoreFunComics7380.jpg

Yeah - I'm watching one at CLink auction right now - just so I know how much it'll close for. I thinks it's a 5.5 definately a range that I would be happy to add to my collection for the Green Arrow 1st.

In honor of finishing the last of the set, here's a group shot of my favorite Planets.

PlanetSetSm-1.jpg

WOW - there's nothing like seeing them all together like that. :cloud9: I'm going to go quit the hobby now as I realize I am a hopeless piker without potential to become that cool...OK not.

ll73.jpg

I'm not sure this is really wholesome entertainment for the kiddies.

WOW! What a crazy cover! Still after all these years I am seeing DC silver covers I have never seen.

The Neal Adams covers are coming (and not a minute too soon)...just hold on!