• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

I wonder if Paratrooper would even lower himself to own this issue. One of the dumbest covers I've ever seen. So a parachute comes out of a flashlight, huh? Bet that's easy to hold on to when it deploys. And there's a flamethrowing device in his button. And a laser in his bow tie. And apparently these weapons can be aimed somehow.

I've got a lot dumber ones than this :insane:

asw89a.jpg

ssws89.jpg

Excellent Comick1.....Those Westerns just keep getting more awesome.

And the M. Marie covers in SSWS are exquisite!! I just completed that run with #'s 87 and 89 myself. Though not quite as sharp as your copies.

Keep 'em rollin' dude! (thumbs u

Thanks, SD. I will.

BTW. I am floored by how extensive your collection is. It's an incredible feat that must've taken you forever to amass!

asw89a.jpg

ssws89.jpg

And the M. Marie covers in SSWS are exquisite!! I just completed that run with #'s 87 and 89 myself. Though not quite as sharp as your copies.

Thanks, SD. I will.

BTW. I am floored by how extensive your collection is. It's an incredible feat that must've taken you forever to amass!

Seriously Mick, can I be put in your will for your comics? WTH did you find all those sweet war books?

[quote=Comick1

Thanks, SD. I will.

Been collecting since I was 9 years old and just turned 47. Had the bulk of my collection by the early 90's...so prices were way lower in those days. Also I was set on owning all the SA DC's if possible so I could not always buy HG copies. However....I do have many HG books scattered throughout the collection. But rarely is any one single title a complete HG run. I'm diligently working on upgrades and filling holes both. Whats cool is..now that I have so many I only look for preferably 7.0's and up on the older stuff and 8.0 to 8.5 or better on the later. So many things to look for that I always find good deals and buys. But sometimes when it gets down to having that last one or two books to complete...I'll just pay the piper and go ahead and finish it.

My favorite thing to do is upgrading anything in the collection lower than 6.0. Especially when they are lower than 4.0..which is priority..I treat them as if I do not have them. lol

Part of the reason why I like my unique background. Some folks may never believe I actually have all these books. lol

I overpaid for this book....in 1987...glad I did now :cloud9:

sb89.jpg

I'm glad you did to man. I did not even dare show my sorry copy of this book. It devistates me...I really want a sharp copy and know I'm a gonna have to pay...and pay...... oohhhhhhhhh :sick: