• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

I'm not sure why MAD never occurs to me when I'm considering comic covers or my collection. By the showing its getting here in this thread....it seems everyone here thinks the same way. It "IS" different..... not a true comic but maybe a cousin or step-child or something. Maybe cuz its a magazine ....or maybe cuz its B & W ? I have in sequence from issue #42 up through about #150. Heres yesterdays book which has such a great cover I had to post it up....and todays, the first 30 cent issue.

MAD94.jpg

MAD95.jpg

I'm not sure why MAD never occurs to me when I'm considering comic covers or my collection. By the showing its getting here in this thread....it seems everyone here thinks the same way. It "IS" different..... not a true comic but maybe a cousin or step-child or something. Maybe cuz its a magazine ....or maybe cuz its B & W ? I have in sequence from issue #42 up through about #150. Heres yesterdays book which has such a great cover I had to post it up....and todays, the first 30 cent issue.

MAD94.jpg

MAD95.jpg

Hey...MAD fits right in here with the rest...love the covers... (thumbs u

I'm glad you thought of it. I have a lot of old issues but it didn't even occur to me to post them. In fact, I haven't looked at them in years and years, so it's great to see yours!

and best of all - a checkerboard that I recently found at my LCS. it'd been hiding in the back room with a bunch of hammered copies...

94Unexpected.jpg

I had to scan a lot of reader copies to find this & one other...that you'll see on day 98.

L

That's one I do not have Lee....great score.... (thumbs u

I didn't think it was possible to have a SA DC you didn't at least have a beater copy of - I have never seen such a wide range of books and titles in the same collection. But now I have some of you Swing with Scooters and they are :cloud9:

Heck, they even have readable stories in them.

thanks man

L

DcComicsPresents95.jpg

Thrill-Killer has to have one of the dumbest, least functional supervillain costumes of all time! Can you imagine trying to work around that headgear? Pterodactyl?

Beautiful copy though.

Jack

DoomPatrol95.jpg

Nice one! I really like the Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man covers. Silly name, but an interesting villain. I'm a sucker for those divided-up characters like Metamorpho, Ultra, Composite Superman, etc.

Jack

Falling behind again.

This is the only 94 or 95 scan on my disk that I actually own and that we haven't already seen a better copy of. Adventures of Jerry Lewis 94 -- funny little G.I. Joe product placement, isn't it?

jerry94s.jpg

What an array of DCs yesterday and today from Seadevils!

Jack

Thing prototype? Here is the White Mountian copy.

ST_95.jpg

I love the blurb, in the lower left corner, touting another "OFF-BEAT LITTLE CLASSIC BY LEE & DITKO". Is that the first time Lee used a cover blurb calling attention to a story by himself and Ditko?

95 - and after all the great stuff that has already been posted, all I have scanned is...Conan

95conan.jpg

Lee

That's a great cover. I love the handful of Conan covers that Buscema inked himself.