• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

First SA app. of Diana as a girl..Wonder Girl!

The monster on this cover kind of reminds me of RODAN!

ww_105a.jpg

One of the nicest copies I have ever seen!

I think it's interesting how they call this the first appearance of Wonder Girl, and yet the Diana Troy character as Wonder Girl didn't appear until Brave and the Bold 60, and with no origin or introduction.

This "Wonder Girl" in #105 is really Diana as a teenager, not the Teen Titans Donna Troy character. About 2 years after this story, WW's writer, Robert Kanniger created an ongoing series of "impossible tales" where Wonder Woman -- through the means of "Amazon science" would team-up with herself as a teenager, and herself as a 3 year old (called "Wonder Tot").

Its easy to see that the editors of Teen Titans, looking for some female membership, probably thought that Wonder Girl (since she was regularly teaming up with Wonder Woman on the cover of her comic) was a different character and inducted her into the Titans. Eventualy someone must have read those "impossible tales" and realized that Wonder Girl had to be a different character than Diana as a teen -- enter Donna Troy!

Confusing? Nah...Its typical Kanniger!

Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies 105, a recent reader pick-up

LTMM105.jpg

Jack

Heres mine. The blues and turquoises in this cover called to me. I bought it online.....and had never read one before. When it arrived I saw that no one else had ever read this one either. It was that nice. Sometimes you just get lucky

LT105.jpg

And heres a MAD everybody can apprecitate !!

MAD105.jpg

LTMM105.jpg

Heres mine. The blues and turquoises in this cover called to me. I bought it online.....and had never read one before. When it arrived I saw that no one else had ever read this one either. It was that nice. Sometimes you just get lucky

LT105.jpg

I think that mine's been read.

Jack

LTMM105.jpg

LT105.jpg

Jack

Yea it has !! Prob by a family with 27 kids...... :baiting: Looks like it held up pretty well....under the conditions. ;)

I like the color of your Porky better. Mines to pinky or somethin....... :(

Holey Moley!! :o Haven't been able to post since day 100..... Taxes had me beat and then a storm sent a 100 yr old Oak tree crashing down on one of my rental houses. Too much to do and no time over the weekend to take anymore pics. Besides... I don't have any comics after #100... (shrug) Okay...if you believe that.... heh heh heh...

Out of over 25 DC #105's I have here..I chose to show these 19 issues...

I'll try and show 5 or 6 issues from each of the 4 days I missed later. But not 20 for each day.

Here goes my 105's!!

DoomPatrol105.jpg

LTMM105.jpg

LT105.jpg

Jack

Yea it has !! Prob by a family with 27 kids...... :baiting: Looks like it held up pretty well....under the conditions. ;)

I like the color of your Porky better. Mines to pinky or somethin....... :(

You're right -- I'd be willing to trade you the better Porky.

EVEN!

Jack