• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

How and the ....did I overlook this 115 yesterday!!!

Hey, the background looks wrong. Is this really yours?

:jokealert:

I cracks me up how Hoppy's facial expression is exactly the same on every cover, no matter what he's doing.

I took the photo freehand..before I started using my copystand. I need to reshoot it.

Uh Oh...can't have my fellow boardies thinkin' I'm trying to deceive them..

Redux

HopalongCassidy115.jpg

Love the colors on this book. SD, I never get tired of looking at your comprehensive posts!

How and the ....did I overlook this 115 yesterday!!!

Hey, the background looks wrong. Is this really yours?

:jokealert:

I cracks me up how Hoppy's facial expression is exactly the same on every cover, no matter what he's doing.

I took the photo freehand..before I started using my copystand. I need to reshoot it.

Uh Oh...can't have my fellow boardies thinkin' I'm trying to deceive them..

Redux

Love the colors on this book. SD, I never get tired of looking at your comprehensive posts!

I'm awed that I can even impress someone with a most astounding collection as you have. Those 50's Dc's you keep showing just send my jaw slamming into the pavement. lol

There are a few superhero Marvels that I've had for a very long time. Traded off or sold off most of them in the interest of scoring DC war or the like. Of about 20 Marvels I'll never sell, this is one. Wish it had the cover that WDB23 made. He's definitely on to something there. I'm sure he feels as I do that those Ditko interiors are as mind-boggling as anything the comics industry ever produced.

st117.jpg

One of my favorite 12¢ war covers .The colors alone are a study in vibrance. But then Kubert breaks out the perspective stuff as only Kubert could do. Look at the composition, for crying out loud!! Those diagonal lines draw your eye directly into the fray.

I think I scored this for less than $10.00 about 15 years ago. I remember getting it in the mail not knowing what the cover looks like and just being as happy as a pig in shiiit.

oaaw117.jpg

One of my favorite 12¢ war covers .The colors alone are a study in vibrance. But then Kubert breaks out the perspective stuff as only Kubert could do. Look at the composition, for crying out loud!! Those diagonal lines draw your eye directly into the fray.

I think I scored this for less than $10.00 about 15 years ago. I remember getting it in the mail not knowing what the cover looks like and just being as happy as a pig in shiiit.

oaaw117.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty tough to create the impression that you're lying on the ground with Rock, but that's exactly how this cover feels. I think Kubert asked himself "If I was lying next to Rock in the water and I turned sideways to look at him, what would I see." And then he drew it.

Great copy, by the way.

Gotta scan more Richie Richs.

RR_117.jpg

That fishing pole is probably on the market these days. Although the tv is probably a combination tv/dvd player/video game player.

One of my favorite Flash covers. Love the watercolored oranges in the background, the classic stylized Infantino skyline, and the blue on Captain Boomerang. It's his first appearance too.

Flash117.jpg